PDA

View Full Version : First turbo-charge 825i..need some advice on the speed limitator!

Camoman825i
02-10-2011, 10:28 PM
I will be introducing to you guys the first turbo charge engine in the 825i....Still being tested and have correct some minor issues but looks like it will hold up just fine... We are trying to get around the speed limitor but wasn't so easy. You will need so sort of code from john deere to get around that. Wonder if anybody knows anything about that? Because my mechanic seem to have a difficult time. He believes if you can get around the speed stopper that the gator 825 can go up to 70. Any expert advice will be appreciated.... P I C S ARE COMING AS SOON AS MY MECHANIC GET IT ALL TOGETHER! HOPEFULLY SOON! CANT WAIT:BG:

gatorxuv620i
02-10-2011, 11:09 PM
Sweet MAN!!!!!:hdbngr: Keep us updated!!

WOEII
02-11-2011, 08:08 AM
Whooa :cool:

It was explained to me that if I put a turbo on mine that I could get to the tops speed real quick but once I hit the limit it would still be the 30mph. (850 XUV)

The engineere I spoke with said you could change pully sizes / belts size to increase things but then you really have to be careful because the transmission is prolly not set up for speeds much more than 35. :lurk:
I know it's heavily electronically controlled because going down hill over 30 the rpm's of the engine go down when floored.

This was the only info I was able to pull out of a JD to increase the speed. Hope this helps some. :Chers:

Hope you can pull this off! :cool:

BarnDoor
02-11-2011, 02:50 PM
http://www.magnumtuning.com/en/detail/revolution_pro_ii_rev_limiter_performance_ignition _chip1/John%20Deere/Gator%20825i

http://www.magnumtuning.com/en/product_text/revolution_pro_ii_rev_limiter_performance_ignition _chip1

Maybe. I haven't had a chance to look into this product, it was forwarded to me by someone I used to work with @ Deere. Might be junk, I recommend researching before you buy.

825joe
02-24-2011, 10:59 AM
I'd be affraid to install that thing.

4x4
04-04-2011, 01:51 AM
I have a Supercharged Yamaha 3 cylinder snowmobile pushing 285hp. We have to change clutching, gearing and upgrade other things to handle more power. It would be cool to see some supercharged or turbo 825 Gators. I have ridden some superchrged Rhinos & Razors they are insane. The Razor motors tend to break with that much power though. I hope These Chery motors hold up.

Deputy347k9
04-04-2011, 07:27 AM
Have never installed turbo application on a SUV though I have a vehicle. My 96 Impala SS has turbo application. The stock LT1 engine was not built for turbo so it was removed and a new engine built just for that type of applicaiton. Of course you can put a turbo on any engine, does not mean the engine likes it. I hope you have had the engine rebuilt just for turbo. Myself, I would not do it, 70 MPH in a XUV is only asking for a basket of HURT! Just my two cents. Good luck and please be safe.

825joe
04-05-2011, 08:08 AM
I'd be happy with a tuner for some extra juice but thats about it. Maybe some overdrive weights. They work great on the rhinos. When you hit like 40mph it is like having a higher gear. The weights are tapered so they slide in the shieve different.

Joedirt
12-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Camoman,any update on this? Find away around the speed limiter?

825joe
12-07-2011, 12:29 PM
the speed limit in the 825i's is due to its clutching I believe. It seems like it anyway. It tops out at 44-45mph and hits top rpm. If someone makes a different shieve or clutching that would raise the top speed up considerably

Gator_Racer
12-28-2011, 03:20 PM
the speed limit in the 825i's is due to its clutching I believe. It seems like it anyway. It tops out at 44-45mph and hits top rpm. If someone makes a different shieve or clutching that would raise the top speed up considerably

the turbo thing is cool but you are right it is in the computer for the limiter
as for clutches the stock set up is the best i have already tried the other stuff and modded them and really does nothing i am abusing my gator more than you guys/gals ever will

and trust me i wish i could get rid of our speed limiter it is holding us back right now when we race but we did get the top speed up to 52 mph as of right now

brndn
12-29-2011, 12:42 PM
Any updates? I would love to see pictures or video.

Joedirt
12-29-2011, 12:45 PM
How did you get 52 mph.

825joe
12-29-2011, 01:30 PM
he tuned the computer. I would like to know how.:Thmup: