PDA

View Full Version : Offical from my jd friend on frt. End noise

hdeagle
02-11-2011, 08:56 PM
Solution Number: 87518

Solution Summary: Driveline Noise While Driving or in Neutral - 625i, 825i, and 855D

Publication Date: Jan 4 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Paper copies of solutions may not be the most current solutions**

Complaint or Symptom :
A noise similar to knocking can be heard from the floorboard area between the driver and passenger. The noise is present in neutral or while driving with the engine around 3,300 rpm's.

Problem or Situation :
The drive shaft (AM138106) which connects the EMFWD to the transmission produces a noise while at certain engine speeds (typically from 3,000 - 3,800 rpm).

Solution :
If the sound is only noticed while moving at slow speeds, make sure the battery tray is not touching the drive shaft. Refer to DTAC solution 87470 for more information.

If the battery tray is not contacting the drive shaft verify the 2 pillow block bearings (VGA10089) securing the drive shaft are tight. If noise is still present, remove the drive shaft and inspect the two pillow block bearings. While the drive shaft is out of the machine test to verify the noise is gone. If the noise is not present, replace the two pillow block bearings. If the new bearings do not fix the noise, replace the entire drive shaft. Please report results to DTAC by opening a Report Only DTAC case.

If the noise continues without the drive shaft installed from the above procedure, open a DTAC case and report all tests and results.

Additional Information :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

825i, 625i, 855D

<hr size=2 width="100%" noshade color=black align=center>

FRONT, SHAFT, KNOCK, NOISE, DRIVE, CCE PT, 1001

Solution Number: 88455

Solution Summary: Driveline Noise - Front Differential Gears Not In Spec. - 625i/825i/855D

Publication Date: Jan 27 2011

**Paper copies of solutions may not be the most current solutions**

Complaint or Symptom :
A grinding or growling noise can be heard from the front differential while traveling at varying speeds.

Problem or Situation :
The ring or pinion gear may have been warped during manufacturing. This could cause variations in gear contact which can produce noise such as grinding or growling.

Solution :
Verify the backlash is set correctly by referring to the procedure listed in DTAC solution 88343. If the backlash does not fix the sound open a DTAC case.

m38inmaine
02-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Thanks for posting the information.

gatorxuv620i
02-11-2011, 09:30 PM
Wow thats the stuff right there!!! :Chers: Thanks for posting:Thmup:

BarnDoor
02-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Thank you sir! That's exactly the info I was looking for.