PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Bill
02-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Good evening from Phoenix Arizona.
I was raised on a farm in NWest Indiana. My Uncle was the V.P and General Manager of the John Deere Corp so all of our equipment on the farm was JD. He is now deceased.
My family and I moved to Phoenix 36 years ago. I was a General Service Manager for the Komatsu Dist. for the state of Az. The company sold after 15 years of emploment and then I moved over to the customer side and was the Heavy Equipment manager for the largest contractor in the state of AZ. I am now retired and enjoying life.
I currenly own a 2008 Polaris Ranger XP, of which I purchased new in 2008. I use it at my cabin up on the Rim mainly back in the forest. I just sold a 2011 Polaris RZRS LE that I purchased to use at my home in the valley and in the desert with my Grand-son's. I sold it because it didn't have a Turf mode rear unlockable diff. Very disapointing. Not good on pavement.
My son-inlaw who is the locall Service Manger for RDO, which is the largest JD Dealer in the nation, just made me aware of a new model JD UTV 825i. I am very interested in possibly purchasing one of these.
I can purchase it at a very favorable price through him, but have a few questions about the product from the end users, which are you.
For those of you that own one, would you purchase it again?
Does it have a unlockable rear diff?
It it comfortable, I am 6ft 1 inch and weigh 235, Is there enough leg room? The RZR does not have much leg room and the seats were not very comfortable.
Are there some concerns regarding longevity of the China built engine?
Are there acc available, windshield, top, back cover/window?
I would really appreciate your input and am looking forward to learing from you regarding the JD UTV Product line.
My son-in-law will be back to the Moline ILL factory next week for some training. He is also going to look into quality of the 825i.
Your coments will be greatly appreciated.:lol:

WOEII
02-19-2011, 12:31 AM
Welcome to the forums! :Chers:

Bunch of 825i owners are heard. Check out the 825 section for a lot of your answers right off the bat. :Thmup: