PDA

View Full Version : 825i Tire Options

lager1829
03-04-2011, 12:58 AM
My 825i came with the JD yellow steel wheels and the Ancla M-T Extreme tires. I keep having second thoughts about not getting the Maxxis Big Horns. My traction issues will be snow in the winter. I don't really have any mud issues. So far the Anclas have been OK in deep snow (1ft). There was some slipping, but I was always making forward progress albeit slow and steady. I'm at a point where I need to decide if I want to trade the Anclas for the Big Horns or stay the course. The Anclas are definitey aggressive tread which is not a bad thing for me. Thoughts??

dieselsmith
03-05-2011, 12:24 AM
Can you just buy the bighorns and keep the ones you have instead of trading? I have the bighorns and wasn't too impressed in the snow. They look really cool though with those big 14" wheels

lager1829
03-05-2011, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the feedback about the bighorns in the snow. I think I'll stick with the extreme terrain Anclas, my property is hilly and they did not let me down. Those 14" wheels do look cool - that's probably what was contributing to my second thoughts on the traction capability , but I think I will put those funds to more accessorizing! Thanks, Diesel.

dieselsmith
03-05-2011, 07:44 PM
I was wondering if you could get the ones you have at no extra charge and then spend the 699 on the big wheels and bighorns? The you could have 2 sets for what I paid just for the upgrade. Don't get me wrong they are good tires and honestly I just bought them for the "look" but they do function well. Just not as well as I thought.

lager1829
03-05-2011, 10:40 PM
I might look into that. I do like the 14 inch wheels. I'll let you know what I find out. I checked JD Parts and they are 966 retail for the full set of wheels and tires if ordered that way. The tire discussion aside, this Gator is one awesome machine!!! I upgraded from the TS 4x2 - what a diff!

m38inmaine
03-11-2011, 08:42 AM
I had a different experience in the snow with mine. I was very impressed with the traction, they tended to pull the machine to one side but the machine never stopped going forward. When I purchased mine they were only $489 extra.

825joe
03-11-2011, 08:59 AM
same here with the snow... It chewed like a mofo and went anywhere with the bighorns

Dave Dougherty
03-11-2011, 03:56 PM
I noticed the same thing. When plowing snow the gator would walk to one side or the other. didn't matter which direction the plow was angled either. I may mount up some different tires on some spare rims to run up front for next snow season.

Steve_in_SEMich
03-18-2011, 07:19 AM
I have the 12" yellow steel wheels with the Ancla MTs - mine worked well in the semi-deep snow (12" plus). I was moving some firewood from the back of the property and with the weight in the bed, the traction in the snow was greatly improved. Next year I may keep a sandbag or 2 in the bed when not hauling firewood.

Tomorrow I'm switching out the Ancla MTs for the Carlisle All Trails until next winter - had a similar tire on my TX and really like how I can haul and tow across the lawn without tearing it up.

Still waiting for the rest of the extras - everything was supposed to be in by 3/04. Waiting on the OPS lights and long range lights. I hope to be able to have everything I paid for installed and working like promised.