PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Fla

purplewg
03-27-2011, 01:21 PM
Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I am a full time Systems Engineer and full time cow/calf operator. Small operation but it keeps me busy.

I had bought a broke down 4x2 Gator a couple years back. I mean it was broke down. It was broken in half at the floor board. I built a new frame under it and had to repair the tranny. Kids I was told had been slamming it between forward and reverse. I opened it up, replaced all the broken stuff, put all new seals in and it worked fine. I decided I needed something with a little more guts so last week I ordered a new 825i and sold the old 4x2. I sure look forward to getting my hands on the new one.

So, hi to all!

WOEII
03-27-2011, 01:45 PM
Welcome to the forum purplewg! http://i54.tinypic.com/m80ayf.gif
Congrats on the new toy comin ur way! :Chers: :cool:

dieselsmith
03-28-2011, 09:42 AM
Welcome and enjoy the new 825!

Deputy347k9
03-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Welcome to the Forum, I am sure you are going to have fun as well as learn from other members. I too operate a farm here in Maine, we are doing cows any longer but did have 44 head. We are now a truck farm growing vegitables/flowers. We also had a 4X2 CS gator that we purchased new during August 2004. Worked great and did save us so much work and miles on the old feet. I got my new 825i on Saturday past, what a joy to have. In the old gator I could get 3 roadside trash cans into the bed. I just came in from cleaning out all the trash cans in the various barns, had 8 of them in the back, one trip instead of 3. Faster then heck.

purplewg
03-28-2011, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys. Now you have me wanting mine NOW! lol

I have plans to try to make my own fender bumpers and some other stuff. I am a kind of DIY person. I am already designing a clamp in my head to clamp around the OPS to hold a bunch of lights. Speaking of lights, anyone have suggestions that won't break the bank.

I will mainly use mine to run the fences and see what needs fixing and then lug stuff back to fix it. I had been using a farm Jeep but I like to haul my 87 YO dad around with me and he can't get his knees to bend enough to get in anymore. He will enjoy this as much as me I am sure.