PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Range lights - code BM23440

Steve_in_SEMich
04-03-2011, 07:58 PM
When I ordered my 825i, I included 2 sets of these lights thinking mid-range, 2 aimed from the center and left, and 2 center and right. Thinking was I would have the "lefts" on one switch and "rights" on a 2nd switch for after dark projects. Last week the dealer installed the accessories I was waiting for and called to see if I wanted both sets mounted on the front of the OPS Poly roof, or 1 set front and 1 set back. Decided on the front/back option as I don't have any other rear lights. Took re-delivery on Friday.

The long range light kit (BM23120) and the mid-range lights are made by Hella, very effective for their stated purpose. The mid-range are truly mid-range, brightly lighting up a very large area. Everyone ordering these will be very satisfied with the brightness/effectivness. Wife kept asking where I would be able to use them with causing temporary blindness in neighbors and small animals. :Thmup: I decided to not order the WARN off-road lights ($303) because I wanted to try out some of the new LED off-road lights. After seeing what I already have, I don't need any more lights other than maybe a handheld flood light for the occasional task.

Highly recommend the mid & long range lights. Anxiously waiting for the 1st Spring off-roading adventure.

Steve

purplewg
04-04-2011, 07:25 AM
I wonder why a $20 rear work light is $191 from Deere? Personally I would buy more add-ons from Deere if they were reasonably priced.

jspec
04-04-2011, 09:11 AM
I picked up a few 18watt led offroad lights off ebay for around $70 each. They are very thin and draw almost no current. I use them for floods for near and midrange work. I converted my Headlight to hid so those work for far far ahead :). My buddies 620 we put on a ridgid 32" led bar and a 12" led bar. He has daylight in front of him. Lights are a fun project expecially if you use your gator in the dark.

purplewg
04-04-2011, 11:36 AM
I am looking for some long range lights to add to mine. I need good long range to spot hogs and Armadillos. HIDS are not cost effective and the lift expectancy I read is not all that good. I think I will will stick with Halogen. The LEDs are good close to midrange lights for sure.

jspec
04-04-2011, 11:47 AM
I am looking for some long range lights to add to mine. I need good long range to spot hogs and Armadillos. HIDS are not cost effective and the lift expectancy I read is not all that good. I think I will will stick with Halogen. The LEDs are good close to midrange lights for sure.

HID's are a very cheap option actually. If you look on ebay you just have to find the bulb that fits the gator and wire it up. I would say for less then $50 you can have HID in the stock glass housing. It would be 100% improvement over stock. Also I would say HID are much more resistant to shock then Halogen but again to each thier own.

purplewg
04-04-2011, 02:09 PM
HID's are a very cheap option actually. If you look on ebay you just have to find the bulb that fits the gator and wire it up. I would say for less then $50 you can have HID in the stock glass housing. It would be 100% improvement over stock. Also I would say HID are much more resistant to shock then Halogen but again to each thier own.

Ah you are correct and I am all full of poop. lol I got my bulbs backwards. I do plan to update the factory bulbs to HID. I am planning to add the HID for the long range, on the roof lights. These are not cheap but very effective. My bad. Sometimes I get confused easily. lol

number3shot
04-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Uh, what is HID?

purplewg
04-05-2011, 10:01 AM
Uh, what is HID?

This should pretty much sum it up for you.

HID, High Intensity Discharge, (also known as Xenon) refers to lighting technology that relies on an electrical charge to ignite xenon gas in a sealed bulb, similar to the lightning phenomenon in the sky. HID lighting does not have a filament but instead creates light by igniting an electrical discharge between two electrodes in an air tight tiny quartz capsule filled with xenon gas. HID lighting are also called Xenon lighting, referring to the gas inside the bulb.

The light output from a 35W HID Xenon lamp is 300% more light than a 55W halogen bulb. The HID Xenon system will also consume much less power from your vehicles electrical system and generate much less heat during operation.

825joe
04-06-2011, 03:32 PM
amazon had a heck of a price on the PIAA 510 driving lights kit. They are 4in and are suppsed to be great! I might get them.

Steve_in_SEMich
04-07-2011, 06:53 AM
Pics of the long-range/mid-range lights on the front and mid-range lights on the back.

825joe
04-07-2011, 08:22 AM
how much does the long range kit cost...couldn't find it online

Steve_in_SEMich
04-07-2011, 02:43 PM
$169+tax

825joe
04-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Not bad

jonny2guns4u
04-10-2011, 09:07 PM
Steve,

Did the JD Dealer that put your Mid Range Lights on run the wires through the hollow bolt or drill another hole in the roof and silicone the excess space? It looks as if you have the older Poly Roof like I do. My local JD Dealer said the Mid Range Lights won't mount on my roof. The new Roof has a shelf where the lights mount. The older ones don't. I would love to see exactly how they did it. I have already run all the wires, just nervous to drill the roof.

I got two sets and want to put them both up front. The one's closer to the center strait forward and the outside one's slightly angled outward. like you were going to. If I think I need rear facing lights later I think I might just run a set the ther rear bumper. I'd like to save the last switch hole on the OPS Light Kit Switch Bank for a warning beacon. I have two farm lanes I plow that are a few miles up the road and would like something other then the SMV orange triangle. Then again I just put on the turn/hazzards and maybe a set of lights up high on the rear and the hazards on would be sufficiant.

Either way I'd like to see pics of the wiring if possible.
Thanks,
Jonny2guns4u

jonny2guns4u
04-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Steve,

After looking at your pics a little better it looks as if you do have the newer style Poly Roof. If you do there should have been 3 dimples on the front "shelf" to show where to drill the holes. Can you measure how far apart the outter holes are apart from each other?

Thanks Again,
Jonny2guns4u

purplewg
04-11-2011, 08:31 AM
Pics of the long-range/mid-range lights on the front and mid-range lights on the back.

Steve, do you know if the Deere lights are HID or Halogen?

Steve_in_SEMich
04-11-2011, 10:04 AM
2guns = I'll measure/photo the roof/lights/wires installation.

purplewg = Hella halogen, mid & long-range lights

purplewg
04-11-2011, 10:51 AM
2guns = I'll measure/photo the roof/lights/wires installation.

purplewg = Hella halogen, mid & long-range lights

Ok, thanks

825joe
04-12-2011, 09:39 AM
just ordered the long range light kit for $169 Can't wait to get it!

825joe
04-19-2011, 12:22 PM
darn thing isn't commin till middle of may! The local dealer just sold 8 gator 825's in one week. These things are flying out the doors. He ordered 4 more that are sold as well!

purplewg
04-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Well, I cheaped out. I bought a pair of Rugged Ridge 100W Halogen driving lights. They are in the mail as I type this. $85 shipped.

825joe
04-19-2011, 12:48 PM
Good idea

VictoriaFarm
02-08-2012, 08:35 PM
It was stated that the light kit ordered from JD was made by Hella. I tried looking on Hella's website looking for a light that would fit into the small 3" openings on the front of the Gator. I could not find them. Does anyone have a Hella part number or a picture of the unistalled lights? Just trying to see if I can find a better deal.