PDA

View Full Version : Service

825joe
04-06-2011, 12:38 PM
Getting ready to change the fluids. Does anyone use anything else besides the JD fluids, and what are the equivelants. Thanks!

825joe
04-06-2011, 01:51 PM
does the front and rear take hyguard?

dieselsmith
04-07-2011, 12:29 AM
I think they do, i'm going to switch to synthetic I think. JD fluids so far.

Deputy347k9
04-07-2011, 07:29 AM
At our farm I keep on hand several cases of various John Deere oils. We have a John Deere tractor, diesel lawn mower and 825I. I realize the fluids are more expensive becasue it says John Deere on the containers. I have more then 35 filters in storage (oil/hyd/air/fuel) as I change my fluids much sooner then the book calls for. My reasoning for only using John Deere fluids is just incase something goes bad, no one can say, "well it looks like the fluid you used did not meet our specs". Each and every time I service one of the machines I print out a service statement that I have on my home computer. Shows, date, hours, miles, VIN number and what work was completed, what fluids and what filters were utilized by part numbers. When I trade my equipment in I seem to get a much higher trade in value due to using only John Deere parts/fluids as well as keeping good records of service.

825joe
04-07-2011, 08:19 AM
I am going to use amsoil full syn tractor hydraulic oil. It works great in my kawi brute force rear. That and I can get a discount. Just makin sure it takes both front and rear. The amsoil covers jdc20 and all hyguard oils.

purplewg
04-08-2011, 09:43 AM
I am going to use amsoil full syn tractor hydraulic oil. It works great in my kawi brute force rear. That and I can get a discount. Just makin sure it takes both front and rear. The amsoil covers jdc20 and all hyguard oils.

Ditto, I run Amsoil in my Harley also. HD oil and JD oil are high just for the name on the outside and not as good as Amsoil according to the laboratory tests I have read comparing them.

825joe
04-08-2011, 09:45 AM
Ditto, I run Amsoil in my Harley also. HD oil and JD oil are high just for the name on the outside and not as good as Amsoil according to the laboratory tests I have read comparing them.

Exactly!!

825joe
04-08-2011, 09:46 AM
Do you guys think While im at it change out the front and rear diffs as well? Manual says its not due till 24mos or 800 hrs. I always go overkill anyways.

825joe
04-12-2011, 09:46 AM
Bueller.......Bueller? LOL.. I changed the oil and put amsoil 10w 40 synthetic in her. Took about 2 and a half qts. The stock oil filter was un freakin believably tooo tight from factory. Took everything I had to get that sum beach off. Should I change the diffs too or wait?