PDA

View Full Version : My Gator is here

purplewg
04-11-2011, 09:47 AM
Just got a call from the dealer saying my Gator is in. Wasn't supposed to be here till the 27th but it is here. He said I could come get it (80 miles) or he can deliver it Wednesday morning. I opted for delivery as I am working plus the $4/gallon for diesel for my truck.

I sure look forward to getting it...:hray:

number3shot
04-11-2011, 11:05 AM
Congrats purplewig.
I picked mine up Saturday. It is cool.

WOEII
04-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Congrats guys! :Chers: :cool:

Pics when ya all can....we love pics! :BG:

purplewg
04-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Congrats guys! :Chers: :cool:

Pics when ya all can....we love pics! :BG:

Count on it. lol I sure could have used it over the weekend. Would have saved a lot of walking. Poor planning on my part. I sold the old 4x2 Gator and then my 4 wheeler before I got this one on order.

number3shot
04-11-2011, 02:12 PM
How do you post pictures?

purplewg
04-11-2011, 02:26 PM

Click the "go advanced" for a reply.

The options will come up just above the reply area. Click the little square to insert image or hover over them till you find the one called insert image. I host my pictures at Myphotoalbum.com then I copy and paste the direct link to image from there into the insert image here.

Deputy347k9
04-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Congratulations, you are going to love the machine. Raining like heck in Maine today so I did my very first oil change on my new 825I. Was really fairly easy other then the filter was a tad tight. Gotta done!

Larry

purplewg
04-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Congratulations, you are going to love the machine. Raining like heck in Maine today so I did my very first oil change on my new 825I. Was really fairly easy other then the filter was a tad tight. Gotta done!

Larry

Good job Deputy. I think I read somewhere that you are supposed to change the oil after 8 hours or something like that. I don't have my manuals or anything yet so I will have to check when I get it.

Deputy347k9
04-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Page 31 of the "Operator's Manuual", after first 8 hours, change engine oil and filter, check and tighten wheel bolts to correct torque and check brake fluid level. With all my new John Deere equipment I purchase extra filters/oil as I really am big into changine oil sooner then the book calls for. Oil is fairly cheep compaired to an engine. I did notice when changing the oil John Deere uses a magnetic drain plug, I am happy for that. Gives you a chance to look for any metal filings. On all my vehicles I have magnetic plugs. On my 96 Impala SS I also have a "Filter Mag". This extemely heavy duty magnet attaches to the oil filter, trust me it will not ever fall off, traps and holds wear inducing metal particles smaller than 40 microns down to 1 micron that filters cannot stop. The engine in my SS would cost well over 20K to replace, for that the filter mag is worth every penny. I am going to check and see if they make a small version that would fit on the 825i filter. Cheap insurance policy.

number3shot
04-11-2011, 09:48 PM
Have to take mine back to the dealer allready.:mad:
Have some drops of transxaxle oil on the floor.:cuss:

jdman
04-11-2011, 10:46 PM
had to bring mine back had a seal leaking where the shaft comes out of rear goin to front wheel drive good thing had extra warranty!

WOEII
04-12-2011, 04:19 AM
http://tinypic.com/index.php
Upload to this site. Copy the code with .jpg[/img] and drop it in this area and bam theres ur pic! :Chers:

Steve_in_SEMich
04-13-2011, 06:56 AM
A friend at the factory where the new XUVs are made sent me this picture of the guy who installs the oil filters. His previous job was installing oil filters on the Gator TX (my previous UTV).

purplewg
04-13-2011, 12:35 PM
Got it this morning. Here are the pic's fresh off of the truck.

http://images.myphotoalbum.com/p/pu/pur/purp/purpl/purplewg/albums/album16/dsc00344.sized.jpg

http://images.myphotoalbum.com/p/pu/pur/purp/purpl/purplewg/albums/album16/dsc00345.sized.jpg

http://images.myphotoalbum.com/p/pu/pur/purp/purpl/purplewg/albums/album16/dsc00347.sized.jpg

Now I can start measuring and making stuff. :hray::hray::hray:

825joe
04-13-2011, 01:41 PM
A friend at the factory where the new XUVs are made sent me this picture of the guy who installs the oil filters. His previous job was installing oil filters on the Gator TX (my previous UTV).

LOL...I agree. My 825's oil filter was on waaaaay to tight. It was crazy the effort it took to get it off, and Im not a small boy.

purplewg
04-14-2011, 08:16 AM
Didn't take me long to figure out I needed floor mats. I happened to have a piece of truck bed mat left over from another use so I made me some floor mats yesterday. Measuring the straight sides was no big deal but making a good fit around the fenders was another thing. I took a piece of cardboard and made a pattern. I wanted a certain side of my mat right side up so I had to stop and think a few times when cutting from the underside. I had to reverse everything in my mind. So, that was the first addition I made to it.

825joe
04-14-2011, 08:31 AM
Thats what i would do with the cardboard. Makes great templates. lol Now get a grill guard and fender protectors! LOL!

Deputy347k9
04-14-2011, 10:08 AM
Congratulations, she looks great! Where is all the snow? I still have piles of it if you need to try her out! Now what is the next thing you are going to order for the girl?

purplewg
04-14-2011, 12:56 PM
Congratulations, she looks great! Where is all the snow? I still have piles of it if you need to try her out! Now what is the next thing you are going to order for the girl?

Well, I was gonna make my own front brush guard I can get one for less than $225. I figure by the time I buy the steep pipe and my time making all those bends I will be ahead to go ahead and buy that.

I ordered a LineX covered Diamond Plate top but Fedex can't deliver it cause I'm not home and they need a signature.

Deputy347k9
04-14-2011, 04:45 PM
I will sign for it, not a problem!

purplewg
04-14-2011, 05:26 PM
I will sign for it, not a problem!

lolololol, I wish. I could have put it on tonight already.

Deputy347k9
04-14-2011, 08:03 PM
What's up with this? We are all adults here and yet we act like children. Like "purplelg" I too get so darn excited of thinking what I have on order and just can't wait to put the parts on! Remember when the children were young and we kept pounding into them, "Now wait, be patient please"!

My wife is for ever accusing me of loving my toys more then her, I told her straight up, "no honey, I love you more, they can't cook"! God I pray she doesn't read this.

Again, congratulations on the new machine!

purplewg
04-14-2011, 08:36 PM
What's up with this? We are all adults here and yet we act like children. Like "purplelg" I too get so darn excited of thinking what I have on order and just can't wait to put the parts on! Remember when the children were young and we kept pounding into them, "Now wait, be patient please"!

My wife is for ever accusing me of loving my toys more then her, I told her straight up, "no honey, I love you more, they can't cook"! God I pray she doesn't read this.

Again, congratulations on the new machine!

Boy, I hope she doesn't read this or you will be sleeping with your toys. lol My philosophy is, "life is too short to worry about that you can't control". Wish I could live by it. I haven't had too much to get excited about in a while so I take advantage of the little things. Now, go arrest someone! lol

Deputy347k9
04-17-2011, 04:48 PM
Of course one of my favorite sayings is; "it's much easier to ask for forgiveness then it is permission". Purplewg, you are correct, life is far to short for us not to do what we want to do. There are those in society that are addicted to certain things while we are addicted to our toys.

number3shot
04-17-2011, 08:17 PM
[QUOTE=Deputy347k9;13254]What's up with this? We are all adults here and yet we act like children. Like "purplelg" I too get so darn excited of thinking what I have on order and just can't wait to put the parts on! Remember when the children were young and we kept pounding into them, "Now wait, be patient please"!

Again, congratulations on the new machine![/QUOTE

Over the weekend I ordered a rear bumber, Warn fog lights and a soft top.
My Gator's still in the shop. It's killin me!

Deputy347k9
04-18-2011, 07:07 AM
Number3shot; did you also order the rear fender guards or is that somehting later on? The rear bumper and fender guards will take all of 20 minutes to install. Great protection and does add a mean look to the machine. I wish some after market vendors would jump aboard! I think they would make some money as well as increase the size of our Forum.

number3shot
04-18-2011, 07:23 AM
Just the bumper. Might go with the rear fender gaurds later.

purplewg
04-21-2011, 08:34 AM
Just an update. I got my Diamondback LineX Diamond Plate roof on and I put the brush guard on last night. I have another thread for the sound system.

http://images.myphotoalbum.com/p/pu/pur/purp/purpl/purplewg/albums/album16/dsc00370.sized.jpg

Deputy347k9
04-21-2011, 08:50 AM
Purplewg, looking very nice, I really like to diamond plate roof. If you don't mind, what was the cost and secondly how his it held in place (type of clamping system)?

purplewg
04-21-2011, 08:57 AM
Purplewg, looking very nice, I really like to diamond plate roof. If you don't mind, what was the cost and secondly how his it held in place (type of clamping system)?

The roof LineX covered was $385 shipped to me. It you like the shiny aluminum color it is about $100 less. It bolts to the existing brackets on the roll bars. You set the roof on and mark through the bracket holes from the underside. Remove the top and drill four holes and then just bolt it on. I probably spent more time making sure I had it square and where I wanted it than actually mounting it.

skimiljes
04-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Does this type of roof have any impact on what windshield you can or cannot use? I really like the look of this one vs. the poly, but if you cant easily mount a windshield I might change my mind.

Looks good.

purplewg
04-26-2011, 07:13 AM
Does this type of roof have any impact on what windshield you can or cannot use? I really like the look of this one vs. the poly, but if you cant easily mount a windshield I might change my mind.

Looks good.

I really have no idea if the Deere windshield would be a problem or not. If I were you, I would contact DiamondbackUTV and ask them. I'm sure they know. I won't be worrying about a windshield for many months to come. I will want all the cool air I can get. lol

allenflucas
11-27-2011, 09:51 PM
I got mine about a month ago.. I really like it. but I have two probleums with it, 1 is drive shaft rattle and the other is TPS cuts on and off at 2500 rpms. I have little over 100 miles on it now.. I got to take it to the dealer, but I hate to give it up for ever how long they have\
to have it..

John Deere Nick
11-28-2011, 04:00 PM
I got mine about a month ago.. I really like it. but I have two probleums with it, 1 is drive shaft rattle and the other is TPS cuts on and off at 2500 rpms. I have little over 100 miles on it now.. I got to take it to the dealer, but I hate to give it up for ever how long they have\
to have it..

I promise you would rather catch it now while still new and in warranty. What dealer do you use? I am down in St. Clair county. I am not sure where McKenzie AL is. FYI, some buddies and myself go rideing very often. I take my gator with me, but I do not beat on it because its not for that.

gasboy
12-02-2011, 04:01 PM
I really have no idea if the Deere windshield would be a problem or not. If I were you, I would contact DiamondbackUTV and ask them. I'm sure they know. I won't be worrying about a windshield for many months to come. I will want all the cool air I can get. lol
I have the aluminum hard top and just installed the JD no scratch poly windshield. It worked perfect. The only thing i dont like about roof is it dont cover the rear crossbar.