PDA

View Full Version : Can't wait for that windshield!

Deputy347k9
04-11-2011, 08:02 PM
Rained like heck last night and all morning here in Maine. About 1030 this morning it appeared to clear up so away I went. Grabbed the metal detector and jumped into the new 825i. Found an old foundation far into the woods, what a great place to look for a lost treasure! Hit one patch of snow about 8 inches deep, four wheel drive engaged and walked over it like it was tar. Arriving on scene I started with the detector, about ten minutes into it the sky opened up againn, shit! Packed everything and started for home.

With no windshield you are screwed and very wet on top of that! I have the windshield on order, I should say back order. Was told it will be here mid to late month, I hope so. Overall I still had fun on the new machine.

Zephyr74
04-12-2011, 01:09 AM
Remind me again, which windshield did you go with? And roof? Did you get a rear window yet?
Thanks,

Deputy347k9
04-12-2011, 11:40 AM
There are two different windshield from what I have read from other members, I told the John Deere rep I wanted the best one they had, not glass. Secondly I went with the factory poly roof. I have a rear screen. My biggest problem is rain so the windshield is a must. As time goes on I will no doubt purchase the door kit that comes with the rear window also. So expensive that I have to get one or two items each month.

825joe
04-12-2011, 12:47 PM
one tip when you hit potholes or a lot of bumps the roof will rattle against the rear metal guard. A piece of weatherstripping works great just stick it on the roof part and no more rattle. Put it right in the center about a foot long piece.

jonny2guns4u
04-12-2011, 05:02 PM
There are two different windshield from what I have read from other members, I told the John Deere rep I wanted the best one they had, not glass. Secondly I went with the factory poly roof. I have a rear screen. My biggest problem is rain so the windshield is a must. As time goes on I will no doubt purchase the door kit that comes with the rear window also. So expensive that I have to get one or two items each month.

I thought 'd buy the Poly Cab a few pieces at a time but there is no way you want to do that! The kit at $1912 is half the price of the sum of the pieces. I got all the prices and decided to just take the plunge. And I talked the Dealer into a discount. They basically ate the tax. But hey, some off is better then none off.

Jonny2guns4u