PDA

View Full Version : Why even offer a 625i?

farmgreen
04-15-2011, 11:23 AM
Hello folks, Deere delivered my 625i on Wednesday, and I must say, I am sorely disappointed. It's loud, the dealer put on the wrong tires, and I can't get a speedometer on it, even though I was adamant when ordering it that I must have the speedo for spraying! He claimed that they were available on the 2011 model, but, alas!!! Dealer's attitude is really turning me off as he kept telling "me" that I didn't need the 825, everything I need was on the 625!

Everyone on here seems really happy with their 825's so I'm wondering...why does John Deere even bother with the 625i??? I am trying to trade it in for a Kubota...I am so disappointed I don't even feel like driving the thing!

purplewg
04-15-2011, 12:38 PM
Sorry for your bad experience. In Fla we have something like a cooling down period. Either three or four days you can return it and get your money back. I would try to take it back to him and tell him you want full value in trade for the 825i. If you told him that stuff and he told you yours would have the speedo then he fibbed. If all else fails contact Deere corporate and tell them of your experience. I would not wait. I would be back in the dealer today if I found out he promised something and you didn't get it.

825joe
04-15-2011, 01:37 PM
I agree with purplewg. Don't take any garbage.

farmgreen
04-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the input folks. I have a meeting scheduled with my dealer this afternoon. Hope it works out...I am not out to be mean or unreasonable. But I am still trying to wrap my head around John Deere's thinking when they built the 625i.

I can totally understand wanting to build a smaller machine for those costumers with flatter terrain or who simply need a farm-unit, but why leave off something as critical as the digital console and leave absolutely "no" alternative??? Or is my dealer trying to fib me over once again?

Has anybody out there tried to install an aftermarket speedo on one of these?

825joe
04-15-2011, 02:34 PM
my buddy has a 620i and a big blank hole where the speedo is supposed to be. Guess its not on the base models. I hope the dealer does right by you good luck!!

purplewg
04-15-2011, 02:47 PM
farmgreen, I wouldn't mess with it. I would either get my money back or trade equal value money on the 825i. I'm sure you didn't buy it to go hacking it up trying to make it into something it is not. I hope this all works out for you.

gatorxuv620i
04-15-2011, 05:08 PM
John Deere has never offered a speedometer on the xuv or hpx series gator until this new 825i. Neither the 855D or the 625i has an option for one. I know our 2008 620i didn't offer one little lone the hpx. They offer one on the th series that I've thought about retrofitting into the xuv. The connector that goes on the trans is the same its just that you'll max it out cause it only goes to 25 and not 30. But who cares, at least you'd have one. Watch this video that this guy put a speedometer in his. ITS AWESOME!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-ic5gE_Cds

dieselsmith
04-16-2011, 02:59 PM
Thats actually not a speedo its for exhaust gas temperature which is critical on a diesel.

purplewg
04-16-2011, 04:44 PM
I'm curious to hear what farmgreen found out from the dealer.

farmgreen
04-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Hi fellas,

Sorry for leaving you folks hanging like that but I've been a bit pre-occupied with my machine. I met with my dealer and he was fairly good about all of his screw-ups. However, he admitted that getting the digital console on the 625 is out of the question, but he stood corrected when I rubbed it in his face that he'd been insistent when ordering that it was. So, here is what I suggested and he agreed. I love tinkering, so I found the Trail-Tech Vector (http://trailtech.net/vector.html) computer online. He agreed that he would cover any expenses incurred by me to bring my unit to a standard where I was happy with it, plus, he would give me the option of trading up to an 825i in the fall if I still wasn't happy with it.

So there folks. There is NO factory installed speedo available for the 625i XUV!

CaptDan
04-24-2011, 02:34 PM
There are a few differences between the two, I'm not sure how much of a price difference there is but the 825i has the 3 cylinder 4 valve per cylinder vs 2 cylinder 2 valve system. This equals a difference in horsepower, speed & most importantly torque.

The other difference is maybe the battery size, and the 75 vs 25 amp alternator which will make a difference if you add a lot of aftermarket electronics; i.e., lights, winch, radios etc.

There is of course the obvious difference that brought you here, the electronic display.

While the John Deere 30 promise does not apply to the XUV series of Gators, I would call John Deer and ask if they would take it back and replace it under their 30 day satisfied or they take it back promise.

PLUS according to the dealer here, there is going to be an $800 price discount from the factory for the month of May.

we only live once, get what you want !

purplewg
04-25-2011, 07:12 AM
Good deal farmgreen. As long as you are happy that is all that matters.

CCGATOR
05-01-2011, 11:27 PM
In addition to the $800 May discount, I believe the 825i will hold it's value better and be much more in demand as time goes by. Worth considering. So many more features for not that much more money.