PDA

View Full Version : Some of my parts arrived!

Deputy347k9
04-16-2011, 01:28 PM
Just returned home from local John Deere dealer where I picked up my rear bumper and rear box guards. Something to do this evening. Windshield on back order until late May. Forgot to ask for my second key! I did find out the difference between the older style 825i windshield and the newer version, I am talking about the poly windshield. The differenceis John Deere changed the mounting brackets, newer style has the new heavy duty clamps, no bolts or nuts. They wanted to sell me the older one they had in stock, nah I will wait for the newer modified one.

Deputy347k9
04-16-2011, 06:07 PM
Starting to rain her in Maine so out to the heated garage to install the bumper and fender guards. Heck the room didn't even get up to temp before I was done. Eight bolts and nuts with two screws and your completed. They do look nice.

purplewg
04-16-2011, 08:08 PM
Great good deal Deputy. I worked on mine today in an open garage with two fans running and was sweating. lol I am installing a radio and speakers. I will post a step by step next week. I hope to finish it off tomorrow. Gotta get some speaker wire tomorrow.

roughinmill
04-17-2011, 10:44 AM
Purplewg please do and include pics if you can I would really like a radio in mine but the setup from Deere is just too much for my pocket book to stand.

purplewg
04-17-2011, 12:49 PM
Purplewg please do and include pics if you can I would really like a radio in mine but the setup from Deere is just too much for my pocket book to stand.

Working on it man. Went looking for some covering for the speaker box and all the stores were closed. I should posting something this coming week. I will have about $150 in mine including marine radio, marine speakers, and marine weather proof box. I like some tunes when I am out working. Just seems to making working a little more enjoyable.

dieselsmith
04-17-2011, 05:20 PM
Second the pics

Zephyr74
04-18-2011, 01:09 PM
Just returned home from local John Deere dealer where I picked up my rear bumper and rear box guards. Something to do this evening. Windshield on back order until late May. Forgot to ask for my second key! I did find out the difference between the older style 825i windshield and the newer version, I am talking about the poly windshield. The differenceis John Deere changed the mounting brackets, newer style has the new heavy duty clamps, no bolts or nuts. They wanted to sell me the older one they had in stock, nah I will wait for the newer modified one.

How much was the rear bumper and rear box guards? And what was the windshield part number, is it the one that is $373 or $469? I want to make sure I get the newer one.
Thanks!

Deputy347k9
04-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Rear bumper (BM22767) was $209.00, rear fender guards (BM22811) was $169.00, less .05% $18.90, then tax of $17.96 for a total of $377.06. The windshield is costing me $373.00, I believe the number is BM23741. The only difference between the newer style and the older one is John Deere changed the mounting clamps, no bolt or nuts now. They made the same changes with the black poly top. I really like the new mounting clamps, they are strong and when snapped in place they are solid.

Zephyr74
04-18-2011, 08:36 PM
Rear bumper (BM22767) was $209.00, rear fender guards (BM22811) was $169.00, less .05% $18.90, then tax of $17.96 for a total of $377.06. The windshield is costing me $373.00, I believe the number is BM23741. The only difference between the newer style and the older one is John Deere changed the mounting clamps, no bolt or nuts now. They made the same changes with the black poly top. I really like the new mounting clamps, they are strong and when snapped in place they are solid.

There is a windshield part number BM23742 that is the higher grade Poly windshield that is $469, I was just wondering if that was the one you got. Thanks for the prices too, I will be making a big purchase soon. I wonder if the windshield for $469 is the newer mounting clamps or not? Do you know?

Deputy347k9
04-18-2011, 08:45 PM
I am not sure if the $469.00 has the new clamping syste, I am going to guess and say I bet they do. I believe I have the lesser of the two windshields. I use my machine for pleasure, metal detecting and working around the farm so I am praying the $373.00 will do. As I had stated, my local dealer had one of the first stye windshields that they wanted me to take, I told them I was holding out for the newer clamp style. John Deere had to make the change for a good reason, so I want it. The salesman stated "someone will come in and ask for a windshield and won't know the difference. That is one many things I enjoy about this Forum, we learn from one another.

Zephyr74
04-18-2011, 11:22 PM
That is true about learning from one another. I started emailing with you back and forth a few weeks ago and it seemed like there was only a handful of us on this forum, however it is growing each and everyday. I have never been into forums before owning my Gator, but I would be LOST without all of y'alls help! Thanks again for the input and I look forward to seeing pictures of your gator with the bumper installed and of your new trailer. By the way, was it hard to put the rear bumper and fender guards on?

Deputy347k9
04-19-2011, 07:07 AM
Installing the rear bumper and fender guards is so so so easy. Install the bumper first, secured by four bolts and nuts provided, all holes align perfectly. Then install the fender guards by sliding then into the bumper tube and secure to the frame, again with two bolts and nut provided. Last, in stall the one smaller self tapping bolt into the provided hole secruing the fender guard to the rear bumper. You will be done in less then 15minutes if you don't keep standing back and admiring the new look!

The Forum is growing and the great part is we all are making new friends around the country! Doesn't get better then that.