PDA

View Full Version : Cargo Box Divider

roughinmill
04-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Does anyone have the Cargo box divider? Will it work with the bed mat? Would it work with a thicker bed mat? Any info would be helpful. Thanks :Wlys:

Deputy347k9
04-18-2011, 07:03 AM
My 825i will be used quite frequently for trips metal detecting. For this I also need something in the back to keep my detector in. I also have a 3/4"
rubber horse stall bed mat. One other Forum memeber lost is factory one, blew out when delivering his machine to dealer. The horse stall mat is extremely heavy and will not blow out. Cut to size with a skill saw.

I am debating if I should build a box or purchase one? The box John Deere sells for these will meet my needs as the detector breaks down. I don't want to use just a divider as I think things will still bounce around. With the tool box I can add some foam padding.

Just thinking out loud guys and trying to save a few dollars so I can purchase other goodies for the machine.

GATORDONE
04-18-2011, 09:00 AM
The deere box divider will work with a thick bed matt, It is fully adjustable.

Deputy347k9
04-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Today I went to the local saw mill and picked up some kiln dried boards. I am going to put a box together for the bed. I will let you know how it comes out.

Univoftnvol
05-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Anyone experiencing squeaks with their cargo bed? I have the electric version and where the bed meets the frame squeaks like crazy. Gator has less than 10 hours. Any fixes??

Deputy347k9
05-08-2011, 05:31 PM
Yes, serveral times i have also experienced a rather loud squeaking coming from the bed ara. Our farm is very flat and smooth so I hear it mostly when the ground becomes less level. I wonder if we can attach a rubber strip onto the frame rails or bed rails. I have seen the 1/8 to 1/4 inch rubber with sticky goop on one side?

Univoftnvol
05-08-2011, 08:08 PM
It has the rubber strips but it's still squeaking. When I lift the bed just a hair the squeak stops. I'm taking it to the shop first thing in the morning. It's annoying! Kind of like having a styrofoam cooler in your backseat.

purplewg
05-09-2011, 08:35 AM
Mine does the same thing and I kept looking and looking. I finally bought some self adhesive pads and placed them around and it did not help much. After further investigation I found it rubs the black plastic strip that runs just in front of the where the bed (front) sits down. I plan to take a Dremel tool to it and shave off about 1/8 inch. I think that will do it.