PDA

View Full Version : Ft. Worth says, HELLO

trainman
04-22-2011, 07:02 AM
Just wanted to say it's nice to be here on this forum and hope y'all can answer some of my question that I may have on the 825i Gator. I'm retired and my wife and I are building a new home in NW Ft. Worth and a 825i Gator is what I want to buy to run around our property on, plus use it to visit our neighbors down the road. Our lot is only 1.5 acres, but is wooded and has a .7 acre lake on it that we split down the middle with our next door neighbors, so the Gator will come in handy. Ok, maybe it's a little over kill for that size property, but I do ride Duel Sport motorcycles ( that's on and off road riding) and the Gator is just another play toy. Also the eight grand-kids that we have will make me "Big John" and wife "MiMi" the Koolest grandparents and the lake is full of fish just to sweeten the pot. Just to let everyone know I'm 66 and riding motorcycles on and off road all over the US with other age guys 55 to 74, and anyone local is always welcome to ride, or talk Gator talk, just contact me on this forum.

John in Ft. Worth

PS, I go by TRAINMAN, I like trains too

WOEII
04-22-2011, 07:18 AM
Welcome to the JD Gator forums and thanks for the offer trainman ! :Chers:

I am sure someone can help with your questions. I use Grim Reaper tires. They are smooth on the road and terrifying in the mud and clawls. :OhNoes: :lol:

Deputy347k9
04-22-2011, 10:01 AM
Trainman wishing you the very best with your new home, grandchildren and of course the new 825i. Using the grandchildren to justify the purchase really helps in making the decision! We only go around once so why not enjoy it and get what we want. DO IT!

Larry from Maine

trainman
05-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the replies, sorry I waited so long, I just overlooked it.

John

Deputy347k9
05-23-2011, 08:02 AM
Our farm here in Maine is on the market as the wife and I decided we want to relocate to Havelock/Newport NC. Retired from the Mrine Corps as well as a retired LEO I will feel at home living next to Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point N.C. We want to purchase a smaller home, 3 bedrooms, 2 bath and at least a 2 car garage if not 3 bays. Our new 825i and enclosed trailer will be for metal detecting up and down the coast. After 40 years in uniform I want to enjoy my remaining years, doing what I want to do. The 825i will really enhance this. As a young man I thought there had to be an easier life then farming so I joined the Marine Corps right at the height of Viet Nam. Forty years later what am I doing, FARMING! Gets into your blood I guess. Well it's time to move on and let some young guy take over so the wife and I can do as we please.

Larry

Kerry G
05-26-2011, 09:13 PM
Woeii006

josephsangallojr@hotmail.
07-29-2011, 09:18 PM
Hello Larry
Where can you ride the gator on the beach?

Deputy347k9
07-30-2011, 07:27 AM
There are a number of places along the NC shore that one can use thier Gator when metal detecting, of course your not to be raising hell. Seems the only area that don't want you riding is the built up areas. Maine Coast is quite rocky so you don't get to far. Where we are moving to in just into the bay with a distance of sandy beaches.