PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the Gator

GTM
04-24-2011, 08:19 PM
Gator ran fine for the first 15 hours. I brought it home from a trip to Maine and washed it. Now it sounds and feels like it running on two cylinders and the front hubs intermittently lock in. In order to free up the hubs I have to back up. Without even putting it in 4x4 all day the hubs intermittently lock in.

I guess I'll have to call my dealer tomorrow and have them come pick it up.

jonny2guns4u
04-24-2011, 08:37 PM
Gator ran fine for the first 15 hours. I brought it home from a trip to Maine and washed it. Now it sounds and feels like it running on two cylinders and the front hubs intermittently lock in. In order to free up the hubs I have to back up. Without even putting it in 4x4 all day the hubs intermittently lock in.

I guess I'll have to call my dealer tomorrow and have them come pick it up.

Did you change the oil and filter at 8 hours? Either way... Bummer... Sorry man.

Deputy347k9
04-24-2011, 08:42 PM
My initial thought has to do with the washing? Wondering if my any chance pressured water from a hose could be causing a shot circuit within the eletrical system? Please let us know what you find out.

JD620I
04-25-2011, 10:13 PM
A buddy had one where the solenoid on the on the front diff was comming loose or something i dont really remember right but the dealer had the complete front axle out to fix the problem.

gatorxuv620i
04-25-2011, 11:41 PM
If they can get messed up with a pressure washer, then I'm surprised ours and screwed up yet lol. Went through @ 16" of water in one spot of our creek today. Sorry for the language, little worried I was gonna screw up my girl...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKyd0ICd2Zg

Deputy347k9
04-26-2011, 06:59 AM
Really impressive video! That girl went places that hasn't been discovered yet! I can see where the wiper and doors are worth their weight in gold, considering you had on sneakers!!

purplewg
04-26-2011, 08:15 AM
If they can get messed up with a pressure washer, then I'm surprised ours and screwed up yet lol. Went through @ 16" of water in one spot of our creek today. Sorry for the language, little worried I was gonna screw up my girl...

Sweet, that looks like so much fun. I would like to jion you but I don't have a cab, windshield, or a heater. lol Thanks, that was great...

WOEII
04-26-2011, 08:44 AM

Where is Jackie? :TT:

:lol: :BG:

gatorxuv620i
04-26-2011, 10:47 AM
lol i had boots on and Jackie and our new pup was at the house. Ill have to make a new one and include her:Thmup:

gatorxuv620i
04-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Are these alternators different than regular vehicle alts?? As far as can water mess with them??? Seen a demo video by john deere on their website and they took it like up to the dang dash it seemed like.

Univoftnvol
05-24-2011, 11:03 AM
Same deal min is in the shop 19 hours. My front wheels are locked in 4 wheel drive. I took it to the dealer yesterday. I'm not happy so far with the Gator.

825joe
05-24-2011, 01:11 PM
I have 20hrs on mine. No problems what so ever.