PDA

View Full Version : My new 825i and a question for other owners

hadkins2
04-25-2011, 10:01 AM
I just got my new 825i on Friday. Put 8 miles on her already and I absolutely love it. I also have a TH 6x4 diesel.

I ordered the winch for it and I really like the option to put it in either the front or rear receiver. Then, while learning how it handled on rough terrain, I planted the winch hook and fairlead in the ground. Not really fond of that. Does anyone else feel the winch in the front receiver is too low?

purplewg
04-25-2011, 10:09 AM
I don't have a winch but would it be possible to flip the hitch up so it actually raises the height of the winch. Do you have enough clearance to do that? If so those hitches come in several drop lengths. Flipped it would be height increases. Just a thought.

hadkins2
04-25-2011, 10:47 AM
If I flipped it over, it would actually be lower. I think the mount raises it above the receiver. I should just put it in the pocket where it is supposed to go, but I was drawn to the front/rear flexibility.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j348/hadkins22/Post3.jpg

purplewg
04-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Ah, I see. I was thinking the winch bracket mounted to an ordinary hitch that slides into the hitch receiver. Looks like maybe yours made onto the winch plate and a higher or lower drop won't do any good.

Put that one in the back and mount one inside the front. lol

Deputy347k9
04-25-2011, 07:07 PM
I was also thinking of ordering a new winch from John Deere as I liked the idea of being able to use it both front and rear. Now looking at it I am not so sure? No protection for the winch and as you experienced low dips is going to cause it to dig in. I may just go with the front mount inside the bush guard. Thank you for th picture it really helps us out.

snowboss
04-29-2011, 05:52 AM
I like it in the pocket but the first time I needed it it had to come out from the rear. glad it was on the receiver!! The best woukd be an xtra winch.

jreese
03-13-2012, 06:34 PM
I keep mine in the JD toolbox in the front of the bed. always safe, always handy. if it's in the front I need it in the back and if it's.....well you get the picture

Regulator
03-14-2012, 08:40 AM
That picture looks like my Gator...my winch is mounted exactly like that...I love that "both ends" use part too...

Larry in MD :Jestr:

825joe
03-14-2012, 11:08 AM
:Thmup: Looks good!

Charlie
03-14-2012, 06:32 PM
here`s what I did, had the dealer install the front winch in the pocket and took the mounting plate and install a second winch on it for the back and carry the rear winch in my box when I belive I`m going to need it, problem solve.

:reye:

Skillet23
03-18-2012, 09:58 AM
Or you can order an adapter from hitchcorner to raise it.

http://www.hitchcorner.com/ball_mounts.htm#specialty