PDA

View Full Version : High Temp? HELP!!!

jonny2guns4u
04-25-2011, 08:58 PM
I thought I read in another thread that someone else had either this issue or a similar issue but I can't seem to find it.

I went Shroomin' this evening. Upon exitng the woods I ran into the neighbor. I sat there and chatted for about 10 minutes talking about Morels and Long Beards. (Turky Season here in Ohio as well) When I went to leave my girlfriend says "the Temperature Idiot Light is blinking." And it was, as well as the Guage blinking between the highest and next highest indicator.

So I'm thinking, "I ran through a pretty deep mud hole going back to the woods." I figure maybe the sensor got wet. So I got out on the road and took my 4 mile trip around the country block. My dad always told me,if a vehichle is overheating don't stop just slow way down. Keep air going to the radiator yet slow down as to not make more heat. It's always worked for me in the past. The Gauge never dropped and the light never stopped blinking. I even stopped and shut her completey down thinking maybe a "reset" was needed. So now I'm pretty convinced it is a wet sensor now.

So I get home and squirt off all the mud and muck. (I don't like to drag mud in the Man Cave if possible) and after 10 minute shower, and I mean every nook and cranny sprayed off I get back in and now she's showing normal Temp. So now I'm thinking to myself, "how could it be a wet sensor? I've just jetted water all over the Engine and everything else in site."

So here's the rub. I have like $20K in this thing and it can't idle for 10 minutes without over heating?:cuss: I think there must be something wrong.

Did I read somewhere that someone else had this happen?
HELP!
What was it and what fixed it?

purplewg
04-26-2011, 07:35 AM
Personally I wouldn't sit and let it idle for 10 minutes just due the cost of fuel. I would have shut it off but that is me. Secondly, do you hear the electric fan come on? I can hear mine come on running down the trail and I can really hear it when I am stopped. We need to check that is operating first and then go from there.

dieselsmith
04-26-2011, 10:04 PM
Wasnt there a recall for some with inaccurate temp readings? Call the dealer.

jonny2guns4u
04-27-2011, 08:51 PM
Wasnt there a recall for some with inaccurate temp readings? Call the dealer.

I think maybe I'll call the Dealer... Thanks.

jonny2guns4u
05-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Well just and FYI Guys,

Went Turkey Hunting this morning and on the way back to the house I stopped by a little strech of woods to look to see if I could find a few Morels. I thought I'd let the Gator run to see if it would heat up again. An she sure did. And to my surprise, guess what, no Radiator Fan! So I got back to the house and started checking things. No voltage to the fan so I went right to the Fuses. Well sure enough, blown fuse.

Now I'm really confused. It was the 30 Amp. Fuse under the dash. So here's my question. What else is on that Fuse? Anyone have a Service Manual? I think everything else was working fine. Certainly the Radiator Fan isn't the only thing on that fuse.

Oh BTW, I snapped a pic of my Baby out in her element. I thought I'd share it with you guys.

purplewg
05-02-2011, 08:06 AM
Well just and FYI Guys,

Went Turkey Hunting this morning and on the way back to the house I stopped by a little strech of woods to look to see if I could find a few Morels. I thought I'd let the Gator run to see if it would heat up again. An she sure did. And to my surprise, guess what, no Radiator Fan! So I got back to the house and started checking things. No voltage to the fan so I went right to the Fuses. Well sure enough, blown fuse.

Now I'm really confused. It was the 30 Amp. Fuse under the dash. So here's my question. What else is on that Fuse? Anyone have a Service Manual? I think everything else was working fine. Certainly the Radiator Fan isn't the only thing on that fuse.

Oh BTW, I snapped a pic of my Baby out in her element. I thought I'd share it with you guys.

I gotta say, I asked about the fan above. I don't have a wiring diagram yet. I would like to have one though. Glad you found the problem.

jonny2guns4u
05-02-2011, 10:45 AM
That is why that was the first thing I looked for. Thanks for the input purplewg.