PDA

View Full Version : Dayam!

WOEII
04-27-2011, 08:43 AM
Pulled her out after 6 months of hibernation and one of the Grim Reaper tires is down.
http://i52.tinypic.com/2k3801.jpg
On the sidewall it states. Do not fill tire with air. Inflation must be from the souls of dead ATV's! :OhNoes: :Wlys:

:lol: :BG:

825joe
04-27-2011, 09:26 AM
Is it just from the climate change or do ya have a puncture.

purplewg
04-27-2011, 10:04 AM
I hope the Big Horns are not as susceptible to flats as those I had on my 4 wheeler. Seemed like they were balloons. Always getting punctured.

Deputy347k9
04-27-2011, 11:30 AM
As soon as I purchase any of my vehicles, trailers, tractors and toys I have a local tire shop purge all the air out of the tires. I only run nytrogen in my tires as nytrogen in constant, will not change with temperature. Also, there is no water in nytrogen such as regular pump air that causes rust inside the tire and rims.

Since air is a gas, it expands when heated and contracts when cooled. In most parts of North America, this makes fall and early winter months the most critical times to check inflation pressures...days are getting shorter...ambient temperatures are getting colder...and your tires' inflation pressure is going down!

The rule of thumb is for every 10? Fahrenheit change in air temperature, your tire's inflation pressure will change by about 1 psi (up with higher temperatures and down with lower).

Example, you checked your tire pressure last summer when it was 80 degrees, this winter the temperature went down to minus 20 degrees, you just lost 10PSI. That is huge considering the front tires call for 14 psi and the rears at 18psi.

WOEII
04-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Is it just from the climate change or do ya have a puncture.

The other 3 are fine. I am thinking the bead is not 100% on the rim. The Yamaha dude that put them on last spring went off on me when I went to pic them up. :lol: "I never want to see you or these tires EVER again" :hsu: :Wlys: He said that he could only put 3 on before he almost passed out. He saved the last one for the next day. :hehe:

WOEII
04-27-2011, 01:05 PM
As soon as I purchase any of my vehicles, trailers, tractors and toys I have a local tire shop purge all the air out of the tires. I only run nytrogen in my tires as nytrogen in constant, will not change with temperature. Also, there is no water in nytrogen such as regular pump air that causes rust inside the tire and rims.

Since air is a gas, it expands when heated and contracts when cooled. In most parts of North America, this makes fall and early winter months the most critical times to check inflation pressures...days are getting shorter...ambient temperatures are getting colder...and your tires' inflation pressure is going down!

The rule of thumb is for every 10? Fahrenheit change in air temperature, your tire's inflation pressure will change by about 1 psi (up with higher temperatures and down with lower).

Example, you checked your tire pressure last summer when it was 80 degrees, this winter the temperature went down to minus 20 degrees, you just lost 10PSI. That is huge considering the front tires call for 14 psi and the rears at 18psi.

I think the lowest we got was -13 and yesterday was 80. :Wlys:

purplewg
04-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Also, there is no water in nytrogen such as regular pump air that causes rust inside the tire and rims.

That is why I got the Alloy rims. No rust. The dealer that delivered mine gave me 10 pounds in the front and 3 in the rear. I looked in the manual and both should be close to 14-15 pounds front and rear.