PDA

View Full Version : Mid Range Light Kits

jonny2guns4u
04-28-2011, 09:43 PM
Well I finally got the nerve up and drilled the Roof tonight. You'll see in one of the pics I have already run the Power Harness, mounted the Switch Box and Switches. Here are a few pics of the progress.

If you notice in one of the pics there is some pvc that I'm painting up. The Kit says to run all the wires along the front ROPS Bar and to wire tie all the excess to it as well. There is allot of excess if you don't mount a set of Lights on thr rear of the Cab. So I mesured everything and am going to put this pvc above the Roof Support Bars in front of the ROPS Bar and put all the wires in it. I think this will really dress things up. I'll add pics of the finished job later. I think it will look allot better then a whole bunch of wire tie wrapped to the ROPS.

825joe
04-29-2011, 07:58 AM
Looks great!!

purplewg
04-29-2011, 08:48 AM
Flex conduit painted black will work for a lot of these add on projects. They make just the plastic stuff with no metal in it. Better than exposed wires but your PVC idea should work well also.

jonny2guns4u
05-02-2011, 09:37 PM
Update,

I scrapped the PVC idea mentioned earlier and went a different route. Another Member did a real nice job on putting speakers on a vinyl covered board. So I used a few pieces of plywood I had laying around the barn, went and purchased vinyl material at Wally-World and here is the final solution I came up with. This hides the Wiriring Harnesses for the Windshield Wiper, the Switch Panel and the Mid-Range Light Kits.

purplewg
05-03-2011, 06:58 AM
Sweet. Great job. Our Wally World quit carrying material.

jonny2guns4u
05-06-2011, 10:56 PM
Well I finished installing the Mid-Range Light Kit(s) tonight. They are awesome! I think I might get a third set for the back of the cab but that'll have to wait for now. Just bought a new Stihl 211CBE tonight but that's a completely different Forum.

Here are a few pics of the finished product.

gatorman
05-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Great job. Can you believe how bright those little things are? I sure could not. They are the same lights that you get with the long range light kit and they fit the small holes in the bottom of the bumper perfectly. Did you run the wires through the hollow bolt or drill another hole in the roof?
Once again great looking job.

purplewg
05-10-2011, 08:25 AM
I put my Rugged Ridge 100W "long range" lights up on the roll bar right below the roof line. No windshield here it is Florida. I turned them on the other night and adjusted them. Shined them on a gate about 100 yards away and it looked like daylight at the gate. I will have to get a picture cause Jonny gets off on pictures.:lol::BG:

jonny2guns4u
05-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Great job. Can you believe how bright those little things are? I sure could not. They are the same lights that you get with the long range light kit and they fit the small holes in the bottom of the bumper perfectly. Did you run the wires through the hollow bolt or drill another hole in the roof?

Thanks for the Flowers on the install gatorman. They are very bright. I'm not sure I will ever need my Adventure Lights anymore. I am so finicky on esthetics it took me two weeks to complete the entire job.

I could not get the wires up through the hollow bolts. I just went ahead and drilled another hole behind the mounting brackets and put silicone around the wire, inside and out to seal everything. Oh and I sealed the hollow bolts as well.

And yes Purplewg...I need pics!

purplewg
05-10-2011, 02:29 PM
:Thmup::BG:

Steve_in_SEMich
05-11-2011, 01:06 PM

The beam thrown by the Hella long range lights is a different beam/pattern than the mid-range lights (at least on my rig) - if yours throws the same pattern, then the dealer ordered the wrong set. They are the same physical size, just a different reflector. The long-range beam pattern is narrow & tall, lighting up objects farther out than the mid-range lights.

2guns - nice lights!

roughinmill
05-30-2011, 04:20 PM
I have a set of Mid-range lights on front and a set on back and they put out a lot of light within 30' or so of the gator :Thmup: now I have no excuse too stop work after dark :hsu: I love them. :BG:

dieselsmith
06-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Ok johnny2guns, I have to ask. How did you wire up the parking lights? Did you just catch the pic in time with the 4 ways on? I need details!!!!!!

jonny2guns4u
06-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Ok johnny2guns, I have to ask. How did you wire up the parking lights? Did you just catch the pic in time with the 4 ways on? I need details!!!!!!

It was just timing. Seems every pic I take has them on. Would be great to have Running Lights. Just way too much work.

dieselsmith
06-04-2011, 07:48 AM
I'm no electrical genius but somebody has to know how to make those things come on as parking lights and still have flashers. You need to have the low amp side of the filament lit up for parking then with the flashers on the high amp side. I think?

jonny2guns4u
06-04-2011, 11:10 AM
I just bought the third set of Mid-Range Lights for the back of the Cab. I saw another member that had them on the back and I like the idea of having the option to light up behind me.

825joe
06-04-2011, 11:13 AM
:Thmup:It'll be lit up like a christmas tree now.

purplewg
06-05-2011, 03:48 PM
I just finished putting on the WARN W350F lights for mid-range. They are mounted on the brush guard. I have 100W long range lights up near the roof. Will light them up tonight and align them. Thanks Joe for the recommendation. Nice easy install.

825joe
06-07-2011, 10:29 AM
No problem bud. Glad you like em'