PDA

View Full Version : Rear bumper

purplewg
05-03-2011, 07:20 AM
Ok, I started making the brackets for my rear bumper last night. I was going to bend the ends around the bed but I have to lower the pipe down enough to clear the tailgate when open. This puts the cross bar below the body and down at tire level. Not sure it would do much good to put a wrap around down there. Humm, decisions, decisions.

Anyone made their own rear bumper yet?

trainman
05-03-2011, 10:53 AM
I was thinking of getting the factory rear bumper for my 825i when I pick my new Gator. Only problem with a wrap around rear bumper I can see is if you are going to use it in the brush, woods, etc., you could catch those branches, etc. where the bumper wraps around. Just tuck the ends in where this can't happen, or make it like the factory one where the bed protection is attached to the rear bumper. Good Luck

John

purplewg
05-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Yep, I was thinking the same thing. It would be like a fish hook out there. I think I will go with a straight piece and stop it just shot of the rear outside of the wheels. I'm not good enough to copy the deere one that gets the side protection connected to it.