PDA

View Full Version : Front drive line noise

Hog Buyer
05-03-2011, 08:06 AM
I have the front end noise on my 825i. Only 8 hours on the machine but I heard it the first time I started it. I see both good and not so good outcomes when this problem has gone into the shop for repair.
Would you guys recommend taking it to the dealer now or just run it for a while and see if it "wears in"? I still have about 9-months of warranty left.
Has anyone come up with a "home" cure? Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks,
John

roughinmill
05-03-2011, 09:22 PM
You may want to look at this thread 825i rattle noise from engine area hope that helps:Wlys:

gatorxuv620i
05-03-2011, 11:00 PM
Hey, I've got some info for ya from experience.... We have a 2008 620i XUV that we bought new.... Its has also had a like a whine/ growl from the front. We've had the entire front differential replaced 3 times by warranty!!! :hsu: Still there.... I think its just how it is and you,ll have to learn to like it. Since yours is the 825i though it could be the noise as roughinmill: noted. Thought this might help though.:Thmup:

Hog Buyer
05-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Thanks guys for the responses. I've decided since the machine is still almost new, I'm going to give the dealer a shot at fixing it. This noise should not be in there.
I'll give some feedback when I get it back.

gatorxuv620i
05-10-2011, 12:24 AM
Hey Hog buyer: any news on the drive line noise?? Very curious as to what they find

Hog Buyer
05-10-2011, 07:46 AM
Yes. I picked up the Gator late yesterday and all is well. The service manager said they replaced a "couple" of bearings on the front drive shaft. It sure made it quieter. I hope that it holds long-term but I have no reason to think that it won't.
He also said they had had several come in for this same repair.
I'm puzzled why Deere would continue to send new units out with a known issue.
Anyway, I'm a happy customer.(for now).
John

gatorxuv620i
05-11-2011, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the feedback..... I've seen a thread where JD recalled most early 2011 gators for the front bearings that house the driveshaft due to premature where and sometimes failing.... they might want to recount their serial numbers.... lol