PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Gator 825i dump bed squeak

Univoftnvol
05-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Purchased my new 825i a month ago. Took it in for the 10 hour service along with a MAJOR squeak where the electric dump bed meets the frame. Squeak stops when i lift the bed. Anyone had this problem? If so, what's the fix??

Galloway88
05-21-2011, 11:46 AM
We are also having this problem. Ours is three days old and has about two hours. It drives us crazy. For a temporary fix we have placed a old rubber bicycle tube where the metal and plastic meet behind the seats. Hope this will help, truly a John Deere flaw here.

825joe
05-21-2011, 01:11 PM
smear it with grease....lol

CaptDan
05-21-2011, 01:36 PM
same thing here 3 days old and major squeak from the dump bed, also when I let off the gas on a down grade I get a loud noise from the rear, sounds like a ratchet wrench, is this normal ?

Thanks dan

ps other than that I love it !

msutherlund
05-22-2011, 10:00 PM
I lift it about 1/4" and it's gone. It is so little that you can't tell it is lifted. With the power dump it isn't really an issue. With the manual dump it could be an issue.

purplewg
06-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Might be the wrong forum for the 825i but..............
Mine did the same thing. I tried stick on pads like you would find on the bottom of furniture to no avail. What I discovered on mine is the plastic piece mounted to the bed rubs against the plastic right behind the seats. Mine appears to be about 1/8 inch to long on one side or the other. These only touch when the bed is fully closed. This is where I would look first.

CaptDan
06-09-2011, 04:09 PM
I lift it about 1/4" and it's gone. It is so little that you can't tell it is lifted. With the power dump it isn't really an issue. With the manual dump it could be an issue.

Maybe JD should "give" those of us without the power dump a free power dump system. I know General Motors had to buy back a bunch of Pontiac G-6's hard top convertibles because there was a rattle that they could not get rid of. After so many returns to the dealership and not fixed they had to take them back.

Just saying .....