PDA

View Full Version : MyPhotoAlbum going away - advice?

purplewg
05-09-2011, 10:26 AM
They say they are not making any money but they recently took my fees. They say I can transfer to dotphoto but I don't hear anything good about them. They are owned by MyPhotoAlbum also so I wonder if they are just taking our fees, not refunding them, and saying if you move to dotphoto they will honor your fees or at least partially. Sounds like a rip off. Just move your website. I tested it and I am unable to get photo links to work in Firefox. I copy them but they don't display. I haven't tried IE yet.

I am looking for a good photo hosting site that works half way decent. I looked at Flicker but it is cumbersome also.

Jeff in PA
05-09-2011, 10:21 PM
I use Photobucket.

WOEII
05-10-2011, 08:57 AM
For quick free photo hosting I use. http://tinypic.com/

purplewg
05-10-2011, 11:33 AM
I have an account on Photobucket also but sometimes it gives me a fit uploading.

WOEII maybe I will look at tinypic also.

megan12
08-04-2011, 06:38 PM
Yes they are THIEVES!! They were very quick to take my money for a DVD of all my albums but have did not send it out to me. I wonder if they did this with all their customers. They have not returned ANY of my emails. I hope they get what they deserve!! Makes me so angry!!

purplewg
08-05-2011, 07:09 AM
Yes they are THIEVES!! They were very quick to take my money for a DVD of all my albums but have did not send it out to me. I wonder if they did this with all their customers. They have not returned ANY of my emails. I hope they get what they deserve!! Makes me so angry!!

It is the same outfit that runs dotphoto.com. Just changed their name, same owners. You are right, it is a rip.