PDA

View Full Version : Glass Windshield

gatorman
05-10-2011, 07:32 PM
I have noticed in some of the pictures that some of you guys have a glass windshield. Just wondering if you like it. Does it clamp on like the other cheaper plastic ones. Also does the bottom part flip up for ventilation and does the main part tilt out or something. I am starting to second guess getting the one that was included wit the outdoorsman package. I looked at the glass one but on the build-your-own but it showed that the bottom 1/4 was solid black and I did not like the looks of it. Now that I have done more research it is not black at all and I like the looks of it. To all that have one please give me your opinion and feedback.

GTM
05-10-2011, 08:47 PM
I ordered one when I ordered the machine in Feb, its still on back order. I really could have used it when it was cold out but now thats its warmed up I not really concerned about it.

hadkins2
05-10-2011, 10:54 PM
I have the full glass cab kit on my new 825i and I love it. It is about time to take the doors off for the summer. The bottom of the windshield pops out. The latches will keep the glass open about 4". You can open it further, but I wouldn't recommend moving with it held only with the shocks. The back glass pops out about an inch and that is for bed clearance. You get very good air flow with the windows open.

Steve_in_SEMich
05-11-2011, 12:53 PM
I have the glass windshield that's compatible with the OPS poly roof - the bottom section is clear plastic (polycarbonate/lexan?) and folds up to allow ventilation (and lots of it). It stays locked down or up by to rubber-grommeted holes that line up with short posts. The main part (glass) has 4 quick clamps attached to the front uprights and a couple of support bars attached to the top cross-OPS bar. The windshield sits tight against with front OPS uprights, with a rubber seal keeping out the wind, etc. (at least while moving as I don't have the doors yet).

I also saw the all-black lower section pictured somewhere and wondered if mine would come that way. I like how many looks and it works well.

Steve