PDA

View Full Version : Wheels and Tires!

roughinmill
05-16-2011, 03:31 PM
Well there here! I ordered a set of CARLISLE AT489 tires with ALUMINUM CAST RIMS they look great, I just wish I had a Gator to mount them on! :Wlys: :TT: :Wlys: Is it sad I am buying accesories before I even have a Gator? Dealer said 2 or 3 weeks......3 weeks ago, now it might be June 2nd :cuss: :TT: :cuss: I am so ready to ride!!! Here are the pics.....:Wlys:

Deputy347k9
05-16-2011, 09:34 PM
Nice looking wheels, like you said would be nice to have the rids to go with them. Be patient it will arrive soon and away you go.

CaptDan
05-16-2011, 10:48 PM
roughinmill,

When did you order yours ? I am still waiting for mine.

Dan

msutherlund
05-16-2011, 11:08 PM
My gator is suppose to be in on Thursday the 19th. I ordered it on the 5th. Should I stop looking forward to the 19th? I'm hoping the dealer was correct because that was the date given to him by John Deere when he put the order in. This wait is killing me...

CaptDan
05-17-2011, 12:40 AM
I am I reading that correctly, did you order tours on May 5th and it's die in on the 19th ?

I ordered mine on Saturday 4/16 and was told it would be in by Tuesday May 24th. Counting the days .....

Dan

msutherlund
05-17-2011, 12:49 AM
Yes. He gave me a 14 day turnaround from when I ordered it to when it is suppose to come in. I'm not sure if the size of the dealer makes any difference but I believe they sell a lot of stuff. I'm hoping he's correct. I was there when he put the order in and he said it gave him that date.

roughinmill
05-17-2011, 02:24 AM
I ordered my Gator on the 6th of May, :hdbngr: but I don't think he turned it in until Monday the 9th, :TT: told me he thought 2 weeks. He then called me last Thursday and told me it may be the 2nd of June before it arrives :Wlys: and I might need to pay for it before May runs out. :OhNoes: I don't much like the idea of paying for something I cannot see or touch :skep: but if it will save me $800 I will give it a shot. I'm off on May the 30th and 31st, so if they are closed on Monday I will be there Tuesday the 31st. :BG: :TT: :BG:

msutherlund
05-17-2011, 04:37 AM
roughinmill,
This might not be an issue for you but it sure would be for me. I wouldn't be able to pay for the gator before it arrives. I need a loan to pay for it. The bank won't give a loan without a vin # to put down for collateral. And the insurance company won't cover you without a Vin #. Again, can't get a loan without having the vehicle insured. Hopefully that isn't an issue for you. :)

purplewg
05-17-2011, 06:47 AM
roughinmill, the dealer should be able to get a hold of his rep and get the ok to extend that offer since it is on order. My dealer had mine extended by talking to the rep. Then again mine was only $250. I feel lucky. When I ordered mine they said 4 weeks. Two weeks later it was sitting in my garage.

Steve_in_SEMich
05-17-2011, 07:05 AM
Nice wheels roughinmill - good pic, no details! What wheel brand/style/size,and where did you get them? I'm looking at the Maxxis Ceros tire and can only find one wheel that fits other than the Deere OEM wheels. Hope your ride arrives soon.

roughinmill
05-17-2011, 09:10 PM
Nice wheels roughinmill - good pic, no details! What wheel brand/style/size,and where did you get them? I'm looking at the Maxxis Ceros tire and can only find one wheel that fits other than the Deere OEM wheels. Hope your ride arrives soon.

E-Bay :BG: They are Deere http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130517104072 I wanted turf tires so I bought these in case I ever need more traction! :hsu: I can go easy on easy off-plus I really like the way they look (rims) on WOEII's ride :Thmup: :BG: and they are almost half price of what I would have paid if they came from the factory. :BG: Like my wife always says :reye: " I couldn't afford not to buy them" :BS: :BG: :hdbngr: :BG:

msutherlund
05-17-2011, 09:40 PM
I just got an e-mail from the dealer. It took 12 days instead of 14 for my gator to come in. Tomorrow I'll get the vin numbers to the insurance agent and bank. He said I will without a doubt have it delivered in time for the weekend. Yaaahooooo!!!!

roughinmill
05-17-2011, 10:04 PM
I just got an e-mail from the dealer. It took 12 days instead of 14 for my gator to come in. Tomorrow I'll get the vin numbers to the insurance agent and bank. He said I will without a doubt have it delivered in time for the weekend. Yaaahooooo!!!!

Yea! 4 U :Thmup: Think of the rest of us :TT: who can only dream of riding this weekend :hray: Yea 4 U :BG: have fun :BG: while we wait....................:Wlys: :TT: :Wlys:

msutherlund
05-17-2011, 10:11 PM
Roughinmil,
As excited as I am. I can't help but feel bad for you and everyone else that is still waiting. I don't get it. Where's the ball being dropped?? Dealers? John Deere themselves?? Do they alot a certain number to certain areas and mine happens to not sell as many??? Very strange. Alabama is a long ways from here otherwise I'd come pick ya up for some 4 wheeling. Hopefully yours comes in soon.

roughinmill
05-18-2011, 06:37 AM
Don't feel too bad for me, :sad: I would love to have it already but the storms in April knocked out power lines to the plant I work at and we can't run full steam until the 23rd of May or so. I am scheduled to work 6 days a week :mad: until the 28th so I would not be able to ride it very much until after that anyway. I think it could be early, :BG: if so I can ride the weekend of Memorial Day and have a blast, :hdbngr: If not I'll still have all summer, :hray: so I'll be OK just looking forward is a thrill in itself!! You have a blast and know many on this board will join you very Soooooon!! :Wlys: :TT: :Wlys: