PDA

View Full Version : Extremely pleased with my workhorse

53brownie53
05-21-2011, 10:27 PM
I got my gator a week ago and immediately beagn to put it to work. I have a log splitter I towed with it at a speed in excess of 40 mph in excess of 1 mile, no problem. At the farm I loaded it with a huge load of wood to haul back to my cabin. The dump bed is great! I am only 43 yrs. old but the hydraulic dump option is the only way to go. The 825i handles very well. The fields are still muddy here in Ohio but you would never know it given the gator's performance. I couldn't even tell I was going through a muddy patch with standing water. No rpm change or spin of the wheels.

I have already put on the poly roof and I have made a list of additional accesories. Lights are the first up plus a windshield. I think I am going to have the boys at the local JD dealership put the lights on when I have them do the 8 hr. oil change as long as it is not too costly for labor. I don;t want to drill into the ops.

I also have the squeaking with the bed but I think this will decrease with age. Other than the initial "burn off" of the exhaust and other heat sensitive parts I have had no issues and the machine has been a dream.

I would like to have advice on a radio and speakers, as well as the poly cab which I intend on piecing together. In addition, does anyone have the front rack and do they like it?

If you are on the fence about a purchase, do it now! The $800 rabate is available until the end of the month.

lager1829
05-22-2011, 12:17 AM
Congrats on the new Gator! Regarding the front rack. I initially did not want it, but the first weekend I was out cutting wood and loading the dump bed, I realized the chain saw and related tools/equipment needed a home when the bed was full and ready to dump. Ordered it first thing the next Monday and use it all the time.

trainman
05-22-2011, 11:11 AM
I haven't used mine as much as you have, but did have the initial "burn Off" of the exhaust, my wife thought the thing was on fire, after I shower her were the smoke was coming from she was back to normal, or as normal as wives get. I picked up the new Gator with only .2 miles on it, I think the dealer drove it from the truck trailer to the shop, did the setup service, and that was it. I'm in the process of adding options to mine, I like doing it myself, just part of owning toys I guess.

John