PDA

View Full Version : 825i Back for Warranty

m38inmaine
06-03-2011, 01:03 PM
Just over 200 miles, while unhooking a ball hitch I noticed a large puddle of black grease on top of the lower right rear a-arm directly below the cv boot. I don't see any holes in the boot and usually a hole would cause the grease to splash all over. It is cv grease for sure. The dealership is picking it up tomorrow, I purchased the 3 year extended warranty which requires them to pick-up/deliver under warranty repair. Will report back when returned.

825joe
06-03-2011, 02:23 PM
I think the 3 year extended warranty is for powertrain only. Thats what the contract said anyway. Wonder where it could have came from with no hole in the cv boot ???

fire gator
06-03-2011, 11:08 PM
what do you determine as powertrain axle makes it move so wouldn't it be powertrain could require you to have cv gaurd protection

825joe
06-04-2011, 08:07 AM
I honestly am not sure bud, they are funny sometimes with specifics at the dealerships. Its best to ask them.

fire gator
06-10-2011, 11:52 PM
did they cover it or not if not how expensive a repair for the cv joint

m38inmaine
06-11-2011, 03:08 AM
The dealership called and confirmed it was cv grease but could not find a hole in the boot. They said they were going to replace the boot or the whole shaft. Waiting to hear back, will give a full report when I get it back.

m38inmaine
06-16-2011, 02:15 AM
Gator was delivered today repaired. Not sure if they just replaced the boot or the whole shaft, the delivery guy didn't know but it all looks new. About an 8 hour round trip for them to pickup/deliver. Whole process was done very quickly, very pleased with the service and the extended warranty has already paid for itself.