PDA

View Full Version : John Deere extended warranty

trainman
06-03-2011, 05:19 PM
I paid my $249 for the JD Extended Warranty at the time of purchase for the extra two years extended warranty, do I get something from JD like paperwork and maybe an ID Card? The dealer collected the money and gave me a receipt, but nothing from JD yet, it's been a month.
John

CaptDan
06-03-2011, 06:12 PM
I'm in the same boat, I thought I would have received some paperwork, I use the Gator in pa in the summer, and nj in the winter, also planning on some trips with it to upstate NY/Canadian border and south to north carolina, georgia & florida. I would expect I need some type of identification if I call a dealer for service.

fire gator
06-03-2011, 11:10 PM
suppose all in computer system just like if they check if still under warranty

dieselsmith
06-04-2011, 07:42 AM
Its in the computer, I asked the same questions and had the dealer show me it was in there.

CCGATOR
06-04-2011, 10:04 AM
I concur with fire gator and dieselsmith. I was told by my dealer that all items purchased from JD are in the computer by serial number. If you buy a product without an extended warrantee and have only the basic limited standard warrantee, it is also on record.

m38inmaine
06-04-2011, 10:24 AM
When I called to get mine picked by the dealership for warranty they confirmed my warrranty plan was in the computer system.

53brownie53
06-04-2011, 11:41 PM
Do you have to purchase the warrany at the time of the original purchase or can you but it at any time before the orginal warranty expires?

dieselsmith
06-05-2011, 09:09 AM
You have 45 or 90 days I think, its a short time frame.

CaptDan
06-05-2011, 12:46 PM
From The JD web site http://www.deere.com/en_US/homeowners/media/pdfs/jdesp_brochure_2010.pdf

Eligibility

The John Deere Extended Service Plan is for residential owners
only. This program must be purchased by residential owners
within 60 days of the machine’s delivery date. May not be
available in all regions. Contact your local dealer for more details.

Coverage: Extended Service Protection

We will provide transportation, labor and repair or replacement
parts in the event your covered product fails to operate as a
result of a mechanical or electrical failure caused by defects in
workmanship and/or materials. At our discretion, replacement
parts used in covered repairs will be either new Genuine John
Deere Parts or Genuine John Deere remanufactured parts or
components furnished by John Deere.

dieselsmith
06-07-2011, 07:56 PM
At least I was close!

CaptDan
06-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Yes you were, just a little over/under but all is well that ends well ! Have a great one my friend !

purplewg
06-09-2011, 01:02 PM
I called my dealer yesterday as I had been out of town for 2 weeks. I was about to run out of the 60 day period. He told me Deere allows you to purchase it up to a year from purchase date. He said "the WEB site is wrong". Not wanting to risk it I went ahead and purchased it yesterday.

825joe
06-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Thats what I thought, but I thought something changed.

purplewg
06-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Thats what I thought, but I thought something changed.

I quoted the web site info and he said, "they changed it but have not updated the web site yet".

mossyoak
06-09-2011, 04:06 PM
So correct me if I am wrong but if you have any warranty work done, John Deere picks up the machine and delivers it back home?

GATORDONE
06-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Yes they will, They reinbuse the dealership $25.00 for pickup and delivery.But this is only if you purchased the powergard protection extended warranty, If you purchase the extended warranty after 90 days of the sale the price is higher than if you purchased it at the time of sale.

mossyoak
06-10-2011, 11:10 AM
As far as I can tell how can you go wrong with the Gator? Yes, you will be out around -+ 2k more, but at the end of the day, you can buy 2yrs additional warranty "dirt cheap." At least you will have more peace of mind!!! I have experienced Polaris' service first hand. It's simply not there. I know John Deere's service, it is there. We have had them cover things for us that was even out of warranty because they simply acknowledged they could have built whatever the part was better!!!

fire gator
06-10-2011, 11:40 PM
residential owners only?

mossyoak
06-11-2011, 09:09 AM
We have residential and commercial... about 1mil in forestry JD equip... they stand by us through thick and thin... and this is JD themselves and our dealer.

825joe
06-11-2011, 09:20 AM
the extended warranty is 249 for the first year. When the factory warranty runs out then it goes up.

purplewg
06-13-2011, 07:07 AM
As far as I can tell how can you go wrong with the Gator? Yes, you will be out around -+ 2k more, but at the end of the day, you can buy 2yrs additional warranty "dirt cheap." At least you will have more peace of mind!!! I have experienced Polaris' service first hand. It's simply not there. I know John Deere's service, it is there. We have had them cover things for us that was even out of warranty because they simply acknowledged they could have built whatever the part was better!!!

2K more than what? When I priced the Ranger and Rhino. Both were higher cost than the Gator (base cost). The new Rhino doesn't come in Camo either.

mossyoak
06-13-2011, 09:14 AM
2K more than what? When I priced the Ranger and Rhino. Both were higher cost than the Gator (base cost). The new Rhino doesn't come in Camo either.

Where I live the Ranger has a strong market and we have a competitive dealership close. They are cheaper than the Deere's here where I live. I wish the Deere's were cheaper here like they are where you live :Thmup: I had my Ranger for sale and all my calls where like 5-8 hours away! The price I was asking seemed a little steep for me but I wanted to allow myself some "wiggle" room. The ones calling from far off liked the price :BG: I guess it is just like on a show I watched on RFDTV talking about farming combines and such. It showed a combine to be worth one amount here and sometimes 30k higher in another area.

CaptDan
06-13-2011, 11:05 AM
Where I live the Ranger has a strong market and we have a competitive dealership close. They are cheaper than the Deere's here where I live. I wish the Deere's were cheaper here like they are where you live :Thmup: I had my Ranger for sale and all my calls where like 5-8 hours away! The price I was asking seemed a little steep for me but I wanted to allow myself some "wiggle" room. The ones calling from far off liked the price :BG: I guess it is just like on a show I watched on RFDTV talking about farming combines and such. It showed a combine to be worth one amount here and sometimes 30k higher in another area.

What part of the world ya from mossy ?

In PA there was a $50.00 difference between the Polaris & the John Deere. I suspect there was more profit in the Polaris because the dealer was a big time fan of the Polaris. I knew what I wanted and ordered the Gator.

trainman
06-13-2011, 11:10 AM
I guess I'm so lucky to live in the DFW metro mess where any day you can buy just about whatever you want at about whatever price you are willing to pay. One thing I've found is that the John Deere Extended Warranty is $249.00 where ever I go.

mossyoak
06-13-2011, 11:55 AM
What part of the world ya from mossy ?

In PA there was a $50.00 difference between the Polaris & the John Deere. I suspect there was more profit in the Polaris because the dealer was a big time fan of the Polaris. I knew what I wanted and ordered the Gator.

TN... A 800xp Polaris is 9,999.00 (naked price) and a Gator is 11,500.00 (naked price) depending on your dealers... But from place to place you are looking at 1500-2000k difference. Ya'll are lucky:FX:

purplewg
06-13-2011, 12:16 PM
From the Polaris web site. $11,299 base model, $13,799 in Camo. The dealers here wanted this much if not more plus their "dealer prep" of anywhere from $299-$499. The Rhino quote I got was $13,799 plus tax (one color this year). I paid around $11,200 for the 825i in Camo plus optional wheels and tires.

mossyoak
06-13-2011, 01:44 PM
From the Polaris web site. $11,299 base model, $13,799 in Camo. The dealers here wanted this much if not more plus their "dealer prep" of anywhere from $299-$499. The Rhino quote I got was $13,799 plus tax (one color this year). I paid around $11,200 for the 825i in Camo plus optional wheels and tires.

11,200....WOW that's a good price compared to here...