PDA

View Full Version : certificate of origin

CaptDan
06-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Did you receive this document when you picked up the Gator or was it mailed at a later date ?

Does it make a difference if you finance the Gator? I couldn't see not taking advantage of a year of no interest.

I did not receive the certificate of origin but want to register the Gator, all I received was a receipt from the dealer that I paid for the Gator.

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

purplewg
06-07-2011, 01:14 PM
I received mine in the mail later. No financing.

Zephyr74
06-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Received it later in the mail, however no financing. My understanding is that the COO is like the title, so you probably wouldn't get it until it was paid in full, but I could be wrong!

trainman
06-07-2011, 11:04 PM
I got mine when I pickup the new Gator, it is your only legal document to the vehicle, yes you may have a bill of sale, invoice, whatever, but this the manufactures only legal documentation of said vehicle. This is the tool that you need to keep, or like here in Texas you can take it to the State Highway Dept., surrender it and have in turned into a Texas Title if you wish. I did finance my Gator with JD and took advantage of the 12 months no interest, JD finance did not want the MSO and the dealer gave it to me. Get the MSO, put it in a safe place, and most of all check the serial number on the MSO and make sure it matches the serial number on your Gator. I can't stress enough how important this MSO is.

CaptDan
06-07-2011, 11:24 PM
@ trainman, thanks. I will be at the dealer's in the morning looking for it. I thought that maybe JD wanted it because of the 12 month finance offer. Thanks again!

Dan

825joe
06-08-2011, 08:30 AM
I'm with trainman. I had to turn mine in to PENNDOT when I registered the gator and then I get the title.

CaptDan
06-08-2011, 09:47 AM
I'm with trainman. I had to turn mine in to PENNDOT when I registered the gator and then I get the title.

Thanks Joe. That's what i wanted to do but have not received it yet and it's been a couple of weeks. May I ask, did you get yours when the gator was delivered? If not how long until you got it? Did you participle in any of their financing programs or pay cash. (if that's too nosy just ignore the question & please forgive me) I did the 12 months no interest, put the actual money I would have paid for it in an 11 month CD. Every little bit helps in this economy :-)

Second question about PENNDOT, were you able to go to a local office or agency or does it get mailed in and you get the plate back in the mail ?

Thanks

Dan

825joe
06-08-2011, 09:56 AM
i did the 3.9% interest deal. As for the Certificat of origin, I recieved it from the dealer right away. Some dealers have them on hand, and others will send it to you. Now for the PENNDOT question, You can go to any agency or local office that does registrations and licensing, they have the plates for UTV's and ATV's in stock. You will recieve your temp sticker and registration. The permanant one will be mailed to you. They send certificate of origin out from there and you get the title. A lot of company's are doing this now even if you finance because the JD credit is not a conventional loan. Hope this helps bud.

CaptDan
06-08-2011, 11:32 PM
Thanks everyone!

I stopped by the dealer this afternoon and they had the document, apologized for not giving it to me when I did the paper work for the Gator. As a gesture of good faith they did all the paper work to register the Gator in PA and get me a title at their cost. Issued me a plate and temp registration and all is good !

Dan :-)

825joe
06-09-2011, 07:59 AM
Very nice Dan!!!!

bayou gator
06-17-2011, 02:21 PM
did they not offer 3 years no interest to you guys? that's what i got

825joe
06-17-2011, 03:04 PM
at the time the only plan for me was 0% for 1 year or 3.9% for 60mos

CaptDan
06-18-2011, 07:43 AM
at the time the only plan for me was 0% for 1 year or 3.9% for 60mos

That is exactly what I was offered also. later on, prior to delivery they added the $800.00 discount.

Dan

825joe
06-18-2011, 08:15 AM
yup

825joe
06-22-2011, 12:31 PM
:hray::party:Ncho::Brrs:Got my title...WOO HOO!!

purplewg
06-23-2011, 06:54 AM
I have had my CO for a long time. I am waiting on my papers for the extended warranty I bought. Dealer said Deere will send it to me.

825joe
06-23-2011, 07:21 AM
Don't know how Fla is purplewg. I had to send my CO away to PENNDOT when I registered the gator and they send you a title. Unless your dealer is doing it for you but I think they need the CO. Not quite sure on this.

Deepwoods
06-23-2011, 10:48 AM
I'm from Michigan and have had my 825i for about three weeks, just got my COO yesterday when I bought two extra years of warranty. Is there anyone out there from Michigan that can tell me if I need to take the COO to our SOS office, I already have the ORV sticker??

purplewg
06-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Don't know how Fla is purplewg. I had to send my CO away to PENNDOT when I registered the gator and they send you a title. Unless your dealer is doing it for you but I think they need the CO. Not quite sure on this.

It doesn't seem necessary to register UTV's down here. I think there are some specialized stickers for ATV's that ride in certain areas though.

825joe
06-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Same here....soon pa is making it manditory to register all atv's. Right now it is not manditory.

CaptDan
06-23-2011, 01:31 PM
must be registered in PA if you are going to operate it on any land other than land you personally own.

purplewg
06-23-2011, 03:01 PM
Ok, I stand corrected. Florida does have a title program for OHV (Off Highway Vehicles). You get that and then you can get a sticker that lets you use it on public lands but not roads. I don't know anyone who has actually done this though. Most of us don't go joy riding on public lands. They have just about closed all public lands to anything other than foot traffic.