PDA

View Full Version : 2004 HPX 4x4 wont start

jfoster55414
06-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Hello, I am new to this so please bear with me.

i have a 2004 gator hpx and it was running great all morning. I shut it off to load the back and when i went to start it, it turned over for a second and then instantly died. It almost sounded like a 'POP' right when it happened. I've checked all the fuses i could find as the hour meter and lights are out as well and the dump doesnt work. The battery is ok. Has anyone had this happen or have any ideas?

Thanks,
Jeff

Dman
08-17-2011, 09:37 PM
mine is dead as well, mine is a gas issue i think as it will fire intermittently with the choke out and my bed and electrical work. No responses since june? I guess this is not the place to solve my problems. I had hoped it might be due to the JD connection but I guess we don't matter much once they got our cash. I am not happy with the price of parts and the exorbitant buildings JD dealers have. The HPX has been a workhorse but it is too expensive to buy parts for seeing as it is just a kawasaki Mule with green and yellow plastic and paint on it.

I really did think that perhaps JD techs might be on here to help out, my mistake!

WOEII
08-18-2011, 06:40 AM
Hello, I am new to this so please bear with me.

i have a 2004 gator hpx and it was running great all morning. I shut it off to load the back and when i went to start it, it turned over for a second and then instantly died. It almost sounded like a 'POP' right when it happened. I've checked all the fuses i could find as the hour meter and lights are out as well and the dump doesnt work. The battery is ok. Has anyone had this happen or have any ideas?

Thanks,
Jeff
Any outcome to this issue jfoster? :lurk:

WOEII
08-18-2011, 06:41 AM
mine is dead as well, mine is a gas issue i think as it will fire intermittently with the choke out and my bed and electrical work. No responses since june? I guess this is not the place to solve my problems. I had hoped it might be due to the JD connection but I guess we don't matter much once they got our cash. I am not happy with the price of parts and the exorbitant buildings JD dealers have. The HPX has been a workhorse but it is too expensive to buy parts for seeing as it is just a kawasaki Mule with green and yellow plastic and paint on it.

I really did think that perhaps JD techs might be on here to help out, my mistake!
Dman,
I understand your frustration. We are the largest Gator forum out there but we still are relatively new. As you can see on the main page we have just passed 1500 members. Please be patient as it takes a while to build up our base with knowledgeable members. With over 500,000 Gators sold the people are out there! I have a ton of lurkers lookin all the time and wish they would join to participate with others having issues but it takes time. :Chers:
Build it and they will come! :OhNoes:

purplewg
08-18-2011, 08:36 AM

Whoa, calm down Dman. There are a lot of good people here and a lot of good knowledge also. I'm not sure with one post making statements like that will make many friends here. I don't have a HPX but I owned a TX in the past which is very similar. I will be glad to try and help you or jfoster if I can. A gas engines regardless of brand pretty much operate the same way. For your problem I would start by verifying the fuel pump is working. Remove the hose going to the carb, spin the motor and make sure you have good flow and not just a trickle. Second step would be to remove the carb and give it a good cleaning and make sure all passages and jets are clear. I hope that gets you started. While you are here, you might as well change the fuel filter.

One more thing Dman, have you priced parts for a Mule, Rhino, or Polaris? I have, they are just as pricey as JD parts. I'm not saying the prices are fair but at least they are all gouging their customers.

jfoster, I saw your post but figured someone more familiar with the electrics in the HPX would respond. You need a digital meter. If you could determine if, when you turn the key is 12 volts getting to the starter solenoid? Might be easier just to tell me when you turn the key does the starter engage? I could use more info if you can provide it. I am leaning towards the MIU11378 voltage regulator at this point but could use some more info.