PDA

View Full Version : Won this on E-bay

trainman
06-19-2011, 10:01 AM
I got this on e-bay, hope it works, I can hookup a chain, the JD garden cart for the riding mower, or my 5x10 trailer. I see it comes from China, it will go with my engine. Anyone else tried one?

John

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOW-John-Deere-XUV-620i-850D-CAMO-HPX-DIESEL-4X4-GATOR-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem45fb3ff9f4QQitemZ30056 8017396QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

purplewg
06-19-2011, 11:22 AM
I was going to get one of those but they kept selling too high with shipping. I just went to tractor supply and bought a regular one. I have a hook I can weld on it. I am going to need to extend my hitch back some. Now that I have a rear bumper I can't pull much of anything. I need to extend it back a good foot.

john
06-19-2011, 12:40 PM
yes i have one, use it all the time. i had to git a longer bolt to hook it up.

srb08
06-19-2011, 03:57 PM
I need one.

trainman
06-19-2011, 11:37 PM
I was looking for a hitch that would work on the Gator and had several different functions. I ran upon this one under JD on e-bay, couldn't find another one online anywhere to find a price on this type of hitch. I didn't want to pay too much, but figured I would spend $30.00 including the shipping and if I won it, ok. I did win the bid at $10.55, so I have a little over $25.00 in it. Will see if it is worth it when I receive it. I even checked E-Trailer a good place to buy hitches, receivers, and trailer stuff, check it out, but they did not have one like this.
John

Here is another one on e-bay from the same seller, I see the bid is now $1.29 with one day to go. I put $15.05 as my max bid, that's where I got my $30.00 from, If you are not familiar with e-bay bidding get someone to help you. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOW-John-Deere-XUV-620i-850D-CAMO-HPX-DIESEL-4X4-GATOR-/300569059848?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45fb4fe208

jspec
06-22-2011, 09:35 AM
You can buy these at Harbor freight. I have one on my gator. They are about $20.

http://www.harborfreight.com/atv-hitch-65960.html

Zephyr74
06-22-2011, 09:55 AM
Does this hitch work even if you have the rear bumber?

WOEII
06-22-2011, 12:32 PM
Nice snags man! :Chers:

trainman
06-23-2011, 12:05 AM
Looks like the Harbor Freight one does not come with the 2" hitch ball, I got $25.50 in the thing so the deal is ok with me. I don't know if it comes with the receiver end or not, looks like it might, but I don't need that part for my Gator. It's been shipped so I can let you know what I think of it when it get here.

John

purplewg
06-23-2011, 06:59 AM
Does this hitch work even if you have the rear bumber?

Not for me. My trailer jacks hit the bumper or they are so close you can't turn without hitting the bumper. I need to extend the hitch or move the jacks back.

trainman
06-23-2011, 10:56 AM
Know what you mean about the trailer jack, I'm just going to buy another jack, the type that folds up when the trailer is in use.

John

Several here to pick from, http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/NTESearch?storeId=6970&N=0&Ntk=All&Ntt=trailer+jacks&Nty=1&D=trailer+jacks&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Dx=mode+matchallpartial

Deepwoods
06-23-2011, 11:14 AM
I bought one at Menard's, under 30$ (had to buy a 2" ball with the long 1" threaded stem). I ran into the same problem as was described by some of the above on length and position (be careful of using a common 2" (tube dia.) hitch extender, it will dig into the ground when you climb over a steep bump or enter a deep gully). I used a 2" drop hitch I already had on hand, removed the ball and flipped it over, then welded the reciever part of the new hitch to that. It extends the hitch about 6 or 7 inches while raising it abou 3". Works great with the small trailer I tow behind my jeep (4' X 8' bed, still narrower than the 64" 825i), and it still allows the multiple use of the new hitch that hooks into that. Remove the whole thing with one pin, or part of it with the second pin. Ans yes I have the rear bumper.

trainman
06-24-2011, 06:50 PM
Got the hitch today, all was there, 3-way hitch, short receiver with mounting bolt, chrome 2" ball that has a long threaded stem, and the pin, plus clip to keep the hitch in the receiver. Finish was very nice and fits into the receiver on the Gator, didn't need the small receiver on the Gator, but can use it on something else.

John

Deepwoods
06-24-2011, 07:09 PM
Trainman.............Hang onto that to that small reciever, if you have the rear bumper you may need it as I did with my tinkering...........Deepwoods.

purplewg
06-27-2011, 06:53 AM
Know what you mean about the trailer jack, I'm just going to buy another jack, the type that folds up when the trailer is in use.

John

Several here to pick from, http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/NTESearch?storeId=6970&N=0&Ntk=All&Ntt=trailer+jacks&Nty=1&D=trailer+jacks&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Dx=mode+matchallpartial

You still need to be careful. If you mount the jack too far forward you won't be able to turn the handle. The swing up/down is good but mount it where the handle won't hit the bumper when trying to raise or lower it. I may go to a swing jack also since I have to move it anyway.