PDA

View Full Version : Fishing wires in the Roll Bar

trainman
06-23-2011, 12:43 PM
Is it possible to fish wires through the roll bar for overhead power, will I have to take it apart to do it, better the front bar, or the rear bar to go through, or is there a better idea? Thanks, John :hdscrh:

deereboy88
06-23-2011, 07:55 PM
Nope nothing to take apart were your rops meet the body by the battery box its open it will run all the way up to were the rops bolts together if you look you will see a hole there you can run them out there.that how deere has dealers running them out for overhead power.hope this helps.

purplewg
06-24-2011, 07:01 AM
I ran mine like deereboy88 said but I started at the top of the bars and pushed them down as opposed to trying to push them up.

trainman
06-24-2011, 09:24 AM
Thanks, I thought they might go to the front, but the rear bars work for me, thanks again, John

purplewg
06-24-2011, 11:12 AM
I ran a wire up there and left a loop. This wire will be hot all the time. Currently it is only used to power the radio but sized large enough to power other stuff I might want to mount up there like a CB radio or something later.

trainman
06-24-2011, 07:13 PM
Running a hot power wire is a good idea, that way you don't have to run power for each additional accessory you install. I would fuse that power wire wherever you get your power from, either the fuse box or the battery. I've done it many times on my BMW motorcycles to power the accessories that I added to the bike. I've used this companies fuse boxes, they are done very nice and will accept the elements, this is the fuse box I have used in the past, sells for around $32 from motorcycle suppliers, http://bluesea.com/category/5/21/productline/126 Plus a small overhead console with your radios, cb, and switches for lights, etc. would look very nice and be functional.

John

pugwash4
06-25-2011, 07:21 AM
i did mine like deerboy did as well. and ran an over sized one like purplewg

trainman
07-01-2011, 08:55 AM
Ok guys, I went to fish my wires for my spot lights up the back of the roll bar on the left side as most of you said you did and can't find the hole on the upper part, where is it for the wires to come out, is it hidden where the cross bar mounts to the side roll bar or what? I guess old age is setting in fast and I'm loosing it, if one of you would let me know exactly where the hole on the top of the roll bar system is it would sure help me out. Thank, John

purplewg
07-01-2011, 10:09 AM
is it hidden where the cross bar mounts to the side roll bar or what? Thank, John

Yes it is and that is why I fished mine top down through that hole rather than bottom up. Hard to get that wire out of that hole from the bottom up.

GatorMover
07-01-2011, 02:44 PM
We run wires through them all the time- The guys @$^** at first but they figured out some tricks cause it's not a big deal now. I know we go up the passenger side rear tube. They run a regular wire snake.

trainman
07-02-2011, 01:07 AM
I got it all wired today, thanks for the help.

John