PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed trailer for Gator

CaptDan
07-03-2011, 02:33 PM
OK, I want to take my Gator out to play. I am thinking about an enclosed trailer so I can use it as a garage for the Gator while I keep it out at camp in PA for the summer.

So.....the question is any recommendations to look for ? brands to seek out ? brands to avoid ? Anything special to look for if i consider a used trailer ?

Any and all comments - suggestions welcome. I'll take it all in, figure out value vs cost and my budget etc .

thanks in advance for all assistance

Dan

Matt K
07-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Look at wellers utility trailers in Delaware. Jimmy Weller usually has good deals. might be worth the drive.

Zephyr74
07-03-2011, 10:27 PM
CaptDan,

You might want to contact Deputy347k9‎, who is on this forum. I have emailed with him back and forth in the past and he has an enclosed trailer that he bought for his Gator. He has a pretty nice set up and is very quick to respond to any questions. I had an enclosed trailer I used for my ATV's built by a company out here in California and I loved it, but the rear door height wouldn't work for a gator. It was a Carson EN18 (18' enclosed). But the company is out here in CA. Check out some pictures that Deputy347k9 has posted on his trailer. The only thing I would do differently is get a trailer that has the sides even with the outside wheels (gives you more enclosed space). I ordered a PJ car hauler and should be getting it next week....but it isn't enclosed.

Ryan

Deputy347k9
07-04-2011, 08:05 AM
CaptDan: I did purchase a custom built enclosed 7X14' aluminum trailer. Went with aluminum as it was much less weight then the steel as well as no rust in the north east. Due to the height of the 825i I did have to have an increase in the height of the trailer over standard interior of 6' 1". I had custom cabinets, upper and lower, built into the nose, added an oil/filter storage rack from PitStop trailer. To date I have only hauled it over the road one time and that was a 250 mile round trip, hauls like a dream. Like you I figure I have winter storage. Also believe that if the 825i is enclosed less chance of a theft.
If you want any pictures please let me know and I will email you some. I have all the specs and cost of what I order also.
Larry

CaptDan
07-04-2011, 12:39 PM
Larry,

I bet you are busy getting ready for your big move, but yes I would appreciate any information you can send me, including photos & prices, how high did you have to go to make sure the Gator fits in ? I was figuring if I went to 6'6" (78 inches) I should be ok. my e mail is tpdcaptain@hotmail.com

Thanks

Dan

Deputy347k9
07-04-2011, 08:54 PM
Dan: Tomorrow I will get some better pictures then I currently have. Will email you some pictures and all the specs I have regarding the trailer. Like you I also figured 6'6" would be plenty, however, the company that built my trailer had to increase the height by 13". I beleive their jigs are set up that way. Tomorrow you will receive info and pictures.

Larry

Deputy347k9
07-05-2011, 08:37 AM
Dan, this morning I emailed you all the specs on the custom V nose trailer as well as a bunch of new pictures I took this morning. Anything you need let me know.

Larry