PDA

View Full Version : Warn w700d-hid driving lights

greg825i
07-06-2011, 06:26 PM
Thinking about getting these for my 825i. They are listed for trucks or suv. I was wondering if anyone has mounted these on their gators? Any advice? Reasons-pro/con would be appreciated. Thanks

purplewg
07-07-2011, 07:01 AM
I really can't justify the cost of the HID's right now. They did the same thing with the Halogens when they first arrived on the scene ($$$). I use a pair of Warn 55W halogen for short range and a pair of Rugged Ridge 100W for long range. They provide more than enough light for me for less than 2/3 the cost. I will wait for the HID pricing to come down. I noticed the lights you are looking at are 7 inches. Where do you plan to mount them? I have 6 inch light mounted up near the top of my front roll cage bars. Just under the lid and they are plenty big. Looks like a big eyed bug.

greg825i
07-07-2011, 11:05 AM
Just wanted to see if anyone has considered them. I liked the idea of the big light but thinking now of going smaller. I ordered the JD long range but the adventure lights are too much $$$ and the chrome clashes with the camo. I am now thinking of going with the Warn 55w. They work well for you? Thanks

purplewg
07-07-2011, 12:56 PM
I have 6 inch 100W's up top and the Warn 55 in the brush guard. I was going to post a pic but just realized I haven't uploaded them from the camera yet. The only test I have done so far is light up a gate going into a pasture about 100 yards away and it looked like daylight out there. As late as it gets dark here now, I have not had a need to use them at night much.

eagleeyelights
07-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Hi Guys!

My name is Jessica and I stumbled on to this forum by accident. I work with Eagle Eye Lights and we specialize in manufacturing true plug-n-play HID Conversion kits for the stock headlamps for the most popular ATVs and UTVs in the industry. What sets us a part, besides our 18 years serving the off road industry, is our commitment to work directly with the true users and riders, like yourselves, to come out with products that are high quality, affordable, and easy to install.

If any of you are interested, I am in charge of new products and I think the Gator would be a great vehicle to make a true plug-n-play kit for. This is where you guys come in: If you have any images of the headlamp assembly, bulb (various angles, especially plug,) and wiring harness that plugs into the bulb directly, I will see what I can do about making a kit especially for the gator.

If you are interested in looking at any of the other products for the ATV or UTV industry, please feel free to check out our website at www.eagleeyelights.com (http://www.eagleeyelights.com). We also work with standalone HID lighting, if any of you are interested.

If you have any questions, please contact me at (909) 392-0822 or you can e-mail me any images to eagleeyelights@gmail.com

We look forward to hearing from you soon. I am excited to get this new project off the ground ASAP.

Thanks!

Jessica
Eagle Eye Lights
(909) 392-0822
www.eagleeyelights.com

purplewg
07-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Good idea Jessica. I see more and more after market items showing up for this new Gator every week. I can't help you with the pictures as I am running non-Deere lamps on mine. I'm sure someone will accommodate you though.

greg825i
07-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Purplewg

I also see that you put the Diamondback Roof on your gator. How do the lights look with the roof? I looked and couldn't find any pictures you posted showing the lights. Your stereo set up is awesome.

thanks
greg

purplewg
07-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Purplewg

I also see that you put the Diamondback Roof on your gator. How do the lights look with the roof? I looked and couldn't find any pictures you posted showing the lights. Your stereo set up is awesome.

thanks
greg

I need to get a better picture and post it for you. I mounted the Rugged Ridge lights on the front roll bars as far up as I felt comfortable with. I really didn't want them above the roof where limbs could rip them off.

This pic is about all I can do right now.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/purplewg/Gator/lightmount.jpg

eagleeyelights
07-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Oh you have already replaced the stock halogen bulbs for your headlamp?

eagleeyelights
07-07-2011, 07:33 PM
If anyone else can get an image of the stock headlamp assembly, bulbs, and wiring harness. Let me know.

Thanks!

eagleeyelights@gmail.com
www.eagleeyelights.com
(909) 392-0822

purplewg
07-08-2011, 07:28 AM
Oh you have already replaced the stock halogen bulbs for your headlamp?

No, not the stock headlights. I can probably get you some pics of that stuff over the weekend.

flu_byu
07-08-2011, 03:35 PM

i bought these online from sidebysidesports.com.. and the work fantastic,, the factory ones are garbage compared to these boyzz

eagleeyelights
07-08-2011, 07:38 PM
Just curious flu_byu, did you purchase those because of the pricing, design, or a combination of both? We offer a standalone HID light that is made from Steel or Stainless Steel and the retail is $129.00 per piece. I was just curious if the pricing is what got you or the overall design? Just picking your brain if you don't mind :BG:

Jessica
Eagle Eye Lights
www.eagleeyelights.com

i bought these online from sidebysidesports.com.. and the work fantastic,, the factory ones are garbage compared to these boyzz

eagleeyelights
07-08-2011, 07:39 PM
No, not the stock headlights. I can probably get you some pics of that stuff over the weekend.

That would be great purplewg! I look forward to getting any images! Thanks!

flu_byu
07-09-2011, 09:43 AM
well jessica , I really dont care bout pricing and design , i googled HID lights for the john deere xuv , and that is what came up first , the price wasnt that bad , i run HID lights in all my toys or trucks , so i kinda know what i am after , i love the euro pattern on these , I didnt really want steel just cause of the color , they would stick out to much on the black bumper ... I did to buy the convertion HID kit first , but the xuv,s light reflection in the factory bulb sucks ,, it didnt work at all

eagleeyelights
07-11-2011, 11:47 AM
well jessica , I really dont care bout pricing and design , i googled HID lights for the john deere xuv , and that is what came up first , the price wasnt that bad , i run HID lights in all my toys or trucks , so i kinda know what i am after , i love the euro pattern on these , I didnt really want steel just cause of the color , they would stick out to much on the black bumper ... I did to buy the convertion HID kit first , but the xuv,s light reflection in the factory bulb sucks ,, it didnt work at all

Thanks for taking the time to follow-up on that flu_byu. I appreciate your time and your insight is very valuable. Our steel has a powder-coated finish so it usually goes great with the UTVs and ATVs that we specialize with. We worked with the buggy and sandrail industry for many years, but those industries are all but gone. We now are focusing our attention on the ATV and UTV markets. We are always scared to use plastic, just because I know first hand of the very brutal terrains out there. I have even seen customers roll over and break and crack metal and Stainless components. It scares us away from using plastic on any of our lights, but if there is a market for it, we may have to consider it! Have a great day and thanks again for your time!

Jessica