PDA

View Full Version : Noise on gas vs. diesel engines?

pahawi
07-11-2011, 05:18 AM
Hello all,

I'm new on this board and soon maybe new in the Gator world too. I'm located in Denmark and since Gators isn't that common here, it's hard to get answers to my Q's, so I hope it's OK to bother you guys with them. My English leaves a lot to wish, though, so bear with me.

My brother has a Gator and when he contacted the dealer to buy it, he first wanted the diesel version, but the dealer warned him, that the diesel version, would be noisier than one with a gas engine. Is that really true? Currently I'm looking at a slightly used (50 hours) 850D, but if it's true the diesel is louder than the other, I might pass on it.

Anyone know what's up and down on this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

john
07-11-2011, 02:24 PM
GAS VS. diesel I have a 855d and love it. I do not find it to loud and no one that ride with me does eather.I got it in jan 2011 and now have 120hr on her.Real good milege. I can get 19 to 20 hours on 5gal of off road diesel fuel. Hope this helps. John

pahawi
07-12-2011, 06:28 AM
Thanks John,

The best might be to try listening to my brothers, before I go to check the diesel.

Thanks again.

Paul

purplewg
07-12-2011, 07:02 AM
I think WOEII has a video posted on here of him driving his full speed down a highway. It didn't sound too loud to me but then again I'm not sure where he had the camera mounted.

GatorMover
07-18-2011, 11:42 AM
Well, noise can be an issue but depends on how you have it set up. Honestly though, for us, once we drove the 825 it didn't matter. Before the D was awefully loud, but now, it's 825 just for the power and speed. Want noisy put a poly OPS cab on a D and you will know what noise is.