PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Santa Ynez, Ca

pcbunn
07-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Just ordered my new JD Gator 825i gas. Basic model without options other than floor mats and roof. Lot more tractor than I need but, well, why not get the best. You only go around once I say. Hope to make new friends discussing the Gator.
Phil in Santa Ynex

Deputy347k9
07-11-2011, 09:40 PM
Phil, welcome to the "Forum" and congratulations on your new purchase. I am sure you will find a lot of use for the 825i as it is one powerful work horse. In time you will find out what options are important to you and add on then. Roof is great, you might quickly find a windshield will be needed. At slow speeds is one thing, going about 30 plus mph is a different. Especially when you get hit between the eyes by a bug that has been taken sterioids! Darn it hurts.

Again, welcome my friend.

Larry

purplewg
07-12-2011, 06:55 AM
Welcome pcbunn. The Deputy has a good idea about the windshield. I was caught in a thunderstorm Sunday while working fences. Fixed the last wire and hauled it back to the barn. Running 40 on dirt in a rain storm reminded me of the many times I have been caught in them on my bike so I was used to it. Super hot also so it felt good to me. lol Come winter I will probably put some glass in front of me though.

Zephyr74
07-12-2011, 11:27 PM
WELCOME PHIL! Glad to see someone else besides myself from California.....I'm from El Dorado County! Actually.....spent about 8 years near you....in San Luis Obispo! Do you farm down there?
Ryan

WOEII
07-12-2011, 11:33 PM
Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy! :Chers: http://i54.tinypic.com/69jr0l.gif

Deputy347k9
07-13-2011, 07:53 AM
One more great thing about this Forum, look at the many friends we make across this great land! Love it!

pcbunn
07-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Should have the Gator delivered around the first of next month then will consider future options as needed. Doubt I will be doing any high speeds but who knows. I usually leave the speed rush to my ZX12R or my ZO6 Corvette. Not doing any farming but cultivate trees on my small acreage, planted about 200 plus so far and more to come in the future. I also have a JD model 990 tractor for mowing, landscaping and drilling tree holes, so the Gator will be in good company. Am looking forward to future discussions when the Gator arrives.