PDA

View Full Version : What accessory to add next??

greg825i
07-13-2011, 09:29 AM
Had the Gator for about a month. Mounting the winch and lights this weekend or next so have started to think about what next to add. Need some type of storage for stuff I haul around. I use the dump sparingly. But I am trying to decide between the Front Hood Rack #6300 at $199 or the Cargo Box Divider # BM22769 at $169 or the Gator metal tool box #Lp19886 $259. I like the idea of the Divider because it looks like it would be easy to put in and take out when I need the entire dump. The front hood rack looks like the best compromise because I wouldn't have to take it in and out when I need the dump. But not sure if I like the looks of it. The metal gator tool box seems to be overkill and would take up a lot of space. Looking to haul chain saw and assorted tools.

Anyone out there face this quandry and what did you do and how happy or unhappy are you?

After this roof and windshield options. But saving that for next post.:reye:

number3shot
07-13-2011, 10:26 AM
I have the hood rack. Like the looks and functionality.

cowman1820
07-14-2011, 08:46 AM
love the "glass" windshield vs. poly. when you get there

trainman
07-14-2011, 09:33 AM
The dealer where I bought mine had a Camo one with the Front Brush Guard and the Front Hood Rack and I personally thought it looks great, it does make the Gator look massive and ready for action. I think you like it to, do it.

John

Deputy347k9
07-14-2011, 10:43 AM
The more I see the front hood rack the more I seem to justify it? I am just not sure if it's I want all the toys or it's really a need? Just ordered a couple more options, maybe next month it will be the hood rack, not that expensive and as many say, it makes the machine look even more massive.

lager1829
07-14-2011, 02:25 PM
The Front Hood Rack on mine is utilized nearly every time I use the Gator. I bought without the rack, but that first weekend this past spring that I went out with the chainsaw and related accessories, I knew I made a mistake by not getting the rack when I had a bed full of brush and nowhere to put the chainsaw and tools. I ordered one that following Monday. It's been a great addition since. By the way, thanks to the Latest Addition (http://johndeeregatorforum.com/forum/showthread.php?10934-Latest-addition) thread started by purplewg, I just got two sets of Kolpin 20085 Gear Grips (http://www.kolpinpowersports.com/products/utility-grips-presses/grips/gear-grips.html?vmcchk=1) to carry the long handle tools. You may want to check on these.

Zephyr74
07-14-2011, 04:56 PM
love the "glass" windshield vs. poly. when you get there

cowman1820- what is the part number of the windshield you ordered? Is it the one that goes with the glass cab option? And, why do you like it better than the Poly windshield? I am looking into getting the No-scratch poly windshield which is a higher grade LExan than the other poly windshield.
Thanks!