PDA

View Full Version : Any other members from Europe on this board?

pahawi
07-16-2011, 05:54 PM
If yes, have you ever tried to order a Gator in US? If you have, who did you deal with?

Thanks.

Paul

Deputy347k9
07-16-2011, 08:56 PM
Paul: Welcome to the Forum and I wish you the very best in obtaining an 825i, you will love it! If I can be of any help, drop a message and I will do all I can to assist. I took the time to view your entire link regarding your 67 Mustang. You have done a wonderful job in restoring the girl. Like you, I am also in to cars, currently have a 96 Impala SS, LT1 that has had major modifications during build and is turbo power, all backed by asix speed and 373 posi. I also stripped the girl to bare metal, replacing every part that I could find with NOS OEM parts. Car is better then show room condition and spins both tires!

Again, great job on the Mustang.
Larry
Limington, Maine

Deputy347k9
07-16-2011, 08:59 PM
Paul: Forgot to mention, I reside in a very rural area and a local store that is about 1/2 mile from my farm is owned and operated by a man who is also from Denmark. Franz Jongerden still returns to Denmark as he has a large family still there.

pahawi
07-16-2011, 10:14 PM
Larry,

Thank you for offering your help and your kind words about my -67. She has been quite a challenge sometimes :-) Haven't added the last chapter to the site yet, but last winter, I went through all the front and rear suspension (sandblast and repaint) and rebuild the limited slip diff. and power steering, so now she's as close to factory condition as ever + now both wheels spins during a burnout :-)

Have to admit, I had to Google "96 Impala SS" to find out, which car you have. Sharp looking vehicle - with your mods, I bet it's pretty fast too :-)

A Danish neighbor - small world. Tell Franz to grab a 825i, next time he leaves for Denmark :-)

Yes, I'm sure a 825i could be a lot of fun for me and the kids. Problem is that currently no dealers here have it in their inventory yet, and don't know when, if ever, they will. On top of that, if they ever decide to offer them, they'll add 25-30% to the US prices. That's why I'm trying to check, what other options I have.

Thanks again.

Paul

Deputy347k9
07-17-2011, 08:01 AM
Paul:

I understand what your saying about the mark up as I have several friends in Europe that also have Impalas. When they need a part the cost to them is at times 200% more then US. Myself and other club members help them out all the time by obtaining the parts local and sending them as a gift. I wish you the very best on your quest to obtain an 825i, you will be the envy of your neighbors!

pahawi
07-20-2011, 09:00 AM
Larry,

Very nice of you to help Impala owners here in Europe. Love for US made stuff is sometimes up the hill here, so the help from good guys like you is priceless for us.

Another Gator Q.: If I decide to go for a 825i, it might be the only one over here, and since I cant buy it through a dealer here, I guess I'll have to kiss goodbye to any warranty. I take it the engine is the most expensive thing to get issues with, so I wonder - have anyone heard of any problems with it? Is it a new designed engine, or is it a well tested one (have it for example been used for years in other machines)?

Thanks.

Paul

stuart gilpin
07-25-2011, 01:12 PM
Yea Paul I live in Northern Ireland and also wish to get a hold of US sourced Gators. I was a John Deere dealer for thirty years and retired three years ago. They are obliged to carry out warranty for you wherever you live. If you lived in the US and emigrated to Denmark, bringing your machine with you, they are obliged to help you. One small but very important issue is that it will not have the C.E. marking as Deere has not imported any of them yet. Although your dealer may not have the tech capability you need he most certainly has access to it through his John Deere branch house, which in your and my case is in Mannheim in Germany. Lets know how it goes..

pahawi
07-25-2011, 02:31 PM
Hi Stuart,

Since my last post I have emailed JD about the warranty, and as you state, I'll be covered.

In regard to the missing CE marking, you're right, it's not good, but if my insurance company accept it (most likely they will, as long as I use it on my own property only), I might go for it, and order two loaded 825i (my brother wants one too). We'll see - if it's thumbs down, from the insurance company, I'm forced to go for the diesel, or drop the whole ting.
I fear it's an error, but yesterday I discovered on JD's "Build Your Own" site, that they actually offer a CE Kit for the 825i. That's just too good to be truth. I have emailed them about it, but no reply yet.

Buying through a JD dealer is not an option as the price delivered, will end 60-65% higher (not 25-35% as I stated earlier), than if I buy directly in US.

As I understand it, there's a meeting in August in Paris, where JD will introduce their machine program for Europe. I hope the 825i will be among them, but the Danish dealer said he was 99% sure it wont :-( If you know the Mannheim guys, you need to put some pressure on them, to start importing 825i's :-)

Paul

pahawi
07-25-2011, 05:08 PM
I fear it's an error, but yesterday I discovered on JD's "Build Your Own" site, that they actually offer a CE Kit for the 825i. That's just too good to be truth. I have emailed them about it, but no reply yet.

Just got an email saying the CE marking IS available and it's even free :-) Within 10 hours, I'll be sitting in shorts at a pool in Spain, celebrating it with a drink, or maybe two. Cheers :-)

Paul

stuart gilpin
10-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Hi Paul well done good news all round, when you get sorted out will you privete eMail me please, I am interested in doing the same thing and would like to chat to you. My email is stuart@stuartgilpin.com Cheers and good luck
Stuart

pahawi
10-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Hi Stuart,

Will contact you.

Best.

Paul