PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Flooded SW Iowa

Gator-Rookie
07-20-2011, 03:38 PM
I am a first time poster here and welcom any feedback on purchasing a 2011 825i. I have reseached a lot and have kept coming back to the new Gator. I have 10 acres that I plan to use this on, mainly hauling firewood, and rock. I do however want a SxS that I can have fun with as well. I am a regular to the Moab SlickRock, and the Colorado Mountain trails. I have no intention of getting hardcore, but would like my SxS to get me where I want to go as well. Please let me know your thoughts if you own the 825i already.

srb08
07-20-2011, 05:12 PM
Welcome
i've had my 825 for about 6 weeks now and really like it. Lots of power and a smooth ride. The steering wheel angle feels odd at first but is functional and aids entry and exit. The gator is very quiet compared to other machines and the quality of build seems spot on. I've had mine in sand, mud, steep shelf rock and pasture. So far, no worries. I've had water over the floor boards and in the cab but am careful not to go in anything deeper than 20". The only machine that seems equal in build is the Kubota but you have the tradeoff in performance.
For work around the property and fun, the gator is a good compromise.
There are a lot of guys & gals on this site with much more gator time than me, they won't steer you wrong.
Good luck with what ever you purchase.

Deputy347k9
07-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Gator Rookie, you can't go wrong with the 825i. I say that because there are several farmers on this Forum that use the machine on a daily basis for everything under the sun, hauling grain, hay, fence posts, cement, rocks, hardwood, a calf or two, dirt, seed, fertilizer, the wife and so on. I have hauled a great deal of fire wood with my machine as well as cement, not a problem. I did add the back screen so nithing comes after me, added both front and rear bumpers and fendere guards to protect my investment also.
I also have put about 100 miles on the machine just riding the trails when I need a rest or go out looking for game. I have so much fun on the 825i and have had no regrets for spending a chunk of money. What to hell, we only live once.

Larry

Gator-Rookie
07-22-2011, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the words of wisdom guys, I really appreciate it!:Thmup:

purplewg
07-22-2011, 01:31 PM
Welcome Rookie. You will certainly enjoy it. Heck I have spent more time modifying it than driving it. lol

cfkiii
07-23-2011, 06:52 AM
I had my Gator out in the Rockies near Salida, CO riding trails and had a ball. It performed really well on easy roads and the deep rutted mud trails. The only problem I had was that some of the trails are made for ATV's and the 825i is much wider than ATV's. It wasn't often, but it did happen. It was a blast!!

Gator-Rookie
07-29-2011, 08:22 AM
My new toy was delivered yesterday! Can't wait to take her out and get her dirty.

Deputy347k9
07-29-2011, 09:17 AM
OK Rookie, you have had the machine going on 24 hours, we want feedback! Without quesiton you have been on it, no doubt riding aorund like a youngster with his first new toy! Bet you love it!

Gator-Rookie
08-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Man I love this thing! It is a Beast and I have not been able to through anything at it yet that can even slow her down. I did get a burning smell and smoke at first but after reading through this here forum and it going away after the 2nd or 3rd outing, i stopped worring about it. Could not be happier with my decision. Just in case anyone was wondering........it was either the commander or the 825i. I based my final decision on the fact that I needed my SxS to be good for something other than just fun!

calif.33
08-01-2011, 06:16 PM
I to have a 825i I purchased in april I love it and so does my wife. we have 70 hours on it. Imade some modifacations on it. I added a peddle to the brake peddle so that you can push done on it instead of forward its like adding power brakes. I also made a bracket to hold two 2 gal. plastic jugs available from napa.I plase the brackets from the right floor board back so they are under the bed just fit now I can have 9 gals. gas for a long ride. good luck with your new one.

duling
08-02-2011, 07:33 AM
Interesting setup, could you post some pics? I have had mine for about 3weeks now and I love it! I haven't found a place that it won't go, yet! Had it buried to the floorboards the second day I had it and didn't even need the 4WD to get out! The Big Horn tires are amazing! Enjoy, I know I have! I'm so glad I didn't buy the Ranger XP! I saw one getting towed back to the shop last weekend and it looked newer than mine!

Gator-Rookie
08-02-2011, 09:02 AM
The modification of the gas tank is def. something worth looking into. So far that is the only thing I don't understand what the designers were thinking. I picked up some stackable gas cans that take up little space so not a huge deal. only went with a few factory options as to not give my wife a heart attack so I'll be visiting the dealer on a regular basis after the initial shock is over. I had the front brush gaurd, front basket, the Hella OPS light kit, and performance high back seats installed from the factory. Other than that she is stock. I am loving this thing and I think it will just add excitement adding a little at a time. Of course some of the package deals from deere are lost but oh well. I placed a Boss Marine MP3 speaker system in the front rack and now I cruise around like a big kid in my own little world. I am the first one in my vacinity to get the gator so I have raised a lot of questions and turned a lot of heads. I headed down my country road to the gas station and as I flew by my neighbor on his ranger he followed to get a closer look. I could tell he was Green with Envy as he looked over the gator!

Deputy347k9
08-02-2011, 09:22 AM
Gator-Rookie, a lot like you I have visited the Dealership on a monthly basis, each month I order yet another option. My machine came with front brush guard and front fender guards, power dump bed, rear ops screen, floor mats, real light protectors and the upgraded bed. Since then I have added, poly roof, no scratch windshield, horn, turn signals/4 way flashers, heavy duty cargo mat for bed, rear bumper and rear fender guards and a state of the art enclosed trailer for hauling it on trips.

On order (should be in anyday now) is the front rack and I just won a set of advantage lights off from Ebay:Wlys:. Remaining parts to obtain, Xt40 winch, all 4 CVC plats, side mirrors, ops organizer and last but not least a nice cover.

WOEII
08-03-2011, 10:36 AM
http://i53.tinypic.com/34g4ljl.gif