PDA

View Full Version : It's HOT!!!

Deputy347k9
07-22-2011, 10:09 AM
Today I had planned on visiting the John Deere dealership to pickup my bed clamps and turn signal harness. Of course I had to get the farm stand stocked for morning traffic. Wife and I started at about 0630 picking summer squash, beet greens, cukes, tomatos, blue berries, raspberries, string beans and about 100 glads (flowers). Once that was completed I had to get the sprayer out and spray all the sweet corn, of course the sprayer would screw up causing me an hour delay. Once all that was completed I decided I would have a cup of coffee before leaving, once inside and feeling the air conditioner I decided tomorrow will be a better day seeing it's just touch 100 degrees with extreme humidity! With the heat and humidity I go through about 4 shirts before noon time. Work was much easier as a Marine and Police Officer and I made a lot more money at those jobs.

Thanks for listening guys, I am sure I am not the only one that is sweating my rocks off.

Larry:Wlys:

WOEII
07-22-2011, 11:48 AM
100 here in Syracuse NY yesterday...96 today! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/28/28_1_18v.gif

missouri gator
07-22-2011, 12:06 PM
104 yesterday in Brunswick Missouri calling for same today. JD dealer called today said computer shows the 825 is on the way should have by first of next week.

purplewg
07-22-2011, 01:41 PM
Just plain hot everywhere I think. Was going to replace some more rotted posts this weekend but have decided to haul calves to the market instead. Once I get them penned, separated, an in the trailer I can sit in the A/C of the truck for a new hours. lol

carlton_fritz
07-22-2011, 06:20 PM
Cooler here today, about 95? with high humidity.

Deputy347k9
07-22-2011, 08:37 PM
Purplewg, while you setting with the AC blowing cold what about the little calves? LOL! It's now 2034 hours and Holly and I just came in from watering some items and collecting eggs, done for another day. Contractor was suppose to be here this week to replace one floor in the main house, of course that floor is upstairs attic that is hotter then an oven. Guess he's not coming until Monday or when the temp falls below 90.

I would like to see a few more member chime in with the temp in your area!

Larry

Jeff in PA
07-22-2011, 09:25 PM
I work in a machine shop without air conditioning. I'm also working on a rush job so I'm getting extra hours. Since monday I've put in 50-1/2 hours and get to work on saturday too.

Between the the temps around 100* and high humidity, the heat index has been between 105 -115 for the past three days.

The temp in the suburban was 108 at 3:15 this afternoon when I left work. ( the air conditioner compressor took a dump and it doesn't work ) It was a short day, only 8-1/2 hours :lol:

purplewg
07-23-2011, 07:15 AM
Purplewg, while you setting with the AC blowing cold what about the little calves? LOL! It's now 2034 hours and Holly and I just came in from watering some items and collecting eggs, done for another day. Contractor was suppose to be here this week to replace one floor in the main house, of course that floor is upstairs attic that is hotter then an oven. Guess he's not coming until Monday or when the temp falls below 90.

I would like to see a few more member chime in with the temp in your area!

Larry
Ah, they will be getting some wind effects. lol Fortunately where I go, I don't have to stop much so they will be getting a breeze most of the way. Will wait to pen them till late this evening. That way they don't have to be in the hot cattle pen during the heat of the day. Just over night.

Deputy347k9
07-23-2011, 07:56 AM
A freind of mine works for "B&M Baked Beans" located in Portland, Maine. Earl has been there for nearly 40 years baking the good ole B&M beans. With that said, the job is decent during the cold months but NOT during the summer. Of course there are no ACs on the floor or around the 40 pots that Earl keeps going each day. He works an average of 50 hours weekls with a few weeks hitting 65 hours. This last week temps on the floor were above the 120 mark, closer you get to the big pots the higher the temp goes. They do have AC break rooms that works can go to at any time, all the cold juices/water they can consume. As Earl told me, "you go into the AC break room then back on the floor it seems all the worse.

So the next time you eat the good ole Maine B&M Baked Beans think of Earl and the other workers who suffer through the high heat!