PDA

View Full Version : New guy here

matty
07-28-2011, 12:40 PM
Hey everyone.
Im looking to get into side x sides and wanted to start gathering as much research as I could. Look forward to all the reading.

Matt

purplewg
07-28-2011, 01:24 PM
Welcome Matt. After I sold my 4x2 I looked around a lot. Believe it or not I even looked at the Chinese clones until I finally smacked myself up side the head and reminded myself, you get what you pay for. I considered the Rhino (really wanted one of them), then the Polaris, and the Can Am's. I finally sat down and said, what will I use it the most for. After realizing that 80% of its use would be for work chores, and 20% would be for pleasure, I selected the Gator. It just seemed to be best of both worlds for me.

CCGATOR
07-28-2011, 03:28 PM
Hi Matt, Last summer I bought a TX and it probably would do what I needed it to do. During the winter (with the TX stored for the season), I had second thoughts and in the spring, ordered the larger 620. While it was on order, I read all about the 825i on this site and viewed several video's on it. I was convinced that it would hold it's value better and be in demand. I changed my order to the 825I, got a great deal on my TX trade and could not be happier with it. I do not have a farm. I use the gator for general yard work and for sport.

Welcome to the site and good luck with whatever choices you make.

Gator-Rookie
07-29-2011, 08:21 AM
I was in the same position as you not that long ago. After doing extensive research and reading web reviews and videos I decided on the 825i. It actually got delivered yesterday! Can't wait to take it out, I had to leave town for work so it was sign for the delivery, put in in garage, and hit the road. Best of luck to you in your research and if you want any help let me know.

Deputy347k9
07-29-2011, 09:34 AM
Matty welcome to the Forum. I am sure you will find many members that have done countless hours of research before the big leap. There are many sportsmen and farmers on this Forum that have the 825i. Like many I had a 4X2 prior to the 825i, served it's purpose for 8 months out of the year, winter snow she went into storage. I too looked around at many different makes and models and like Purplewg I had to take a long look at what I was going to use it for. Having a farm as well as really enjoying metal detecting I decided on the 825i. I have had no regrets what so ever. Wish I had more money because I would have purchased TWO of them. Upsetting when I decide I am going for a ride only to find out the wife has the machine!!
When I purchased my machine it came with the back screen, front bumper, front fender guards, power bed and upgraded bed. Now since then I added turn signals/4 way flasher, horn, poly roof, no scratch windshield, rear bumper, reaf fender guards, rear light guards, Koplin gear grips for sides of bed, bed mat and on order is the front basket.
With all that said, if I had to do it again I would have bit the bullet and ordered it with everything I wanted except the winch. first off I would have saved at least 10% and all parts would have been factory installed, free labor. I am going to use the Xt40 winch, less cost, more power and fits like a glove.

I guess I have rambled on long enough, good luck and again WELCOME>

WOEII
08-03-2011, 10:31 AM
http://i53.tinypic.com/34g4ljl.gif