PDA

View Full Version : Squeaking bed

missouri gator
07-29-2011, 05:09 PM
Have had the new 825 a couple of days nearly 8 hours on it. The sound of that engine is kick *** . Have a terrible squeak under the bed sounds like rubber on metal, anyone have any ideas? The 620 was a good machine for me but this unit surpasses it by far.

Mark

purplewg
07-29-2011, 05:24 PM
Here is where we discussed this before. Mine was doing the same exact thing. It quit on its own now. I guess whatever it was has worn in.
http://johndeeregatorforum.com/forum/showthread.php?10727-2011-Gator-825i-dump-bed-squeak&highlight=squeak

srb08
07-29-2011, 06:53 PM
I have the same problem. Started at about 5 hours. Now have 14 hours on my gator, still squeaks but not nearly as bad. Glad to hear it might eventually stop completely.

CaptDan
07-29-2011, 08:41 PM
i have the same issued, started when i received it, now have about 25 hrs on it and still squeaks. I have stopped it pretty much by using a stretchy tie down strap from the bed to the frame.

missouri gator
07-29-2011, 09:53 PM
Sounds like this is a common problem. purplewg thanks for the past reference I will check that strip out tomorrow.

Mark

purplewg
07-30-2011, 07:03 AM
Mine was the little plastic strip running across the front of the bed. It was about 1/16 of an inch too long. I was going to file/cut it down but is has quit on its own. I tried pads between the bed and the frame to no avail. Also when I got mine it two men and boy to pull the bed release lever. I readjusted and that seemed to help also. It was WAY too tight.

Deputy347k9
07-30-2011, 07:29 AM
As you all get older the bed won't squeak nor rattle and roll as much as it does when your young!

825joe
07-31-2011, 09:33 AM
I have noticed mine quieted down as well.

Deepwoods
07-31-2011, 11:11 AM
I have the power dump 825i and complained to my dealer about the squeak as it was getting louder after the first five hours. He said when I lower the bed to allow it to draw up tighter by over running the power button after the bed is down. I think it did help, but it still squeaks.

trainman
07-31-2011, 11:31 AM
I retired from Chevrolet Motor Division, one of the biggest complaints was when the rear sliding window in the pickup cab was open you could hear several noises coming form the bed area through the window, close the window and you hear nothing. Just close the rear window on the Gator, this should take care of this problem, if you have no rear window, get one. :Chers:

greg825i
07-31-2011, 11:51 AM
Someone suggested this and it works for me. Raise the bed 1/4 inch or so and the squeak disappeared from mine.

jonny2guns4u
07-31-2011, 12:07 PM
I retired from Chevrolet Motor Division, one of the biggest complaints was when the rear sliding window in the pickup cab was open you could hear several noises coming form the bed area through the window, close the window and you hear nothing. Just close the rear window on the Gator, this should take care of this problem, if you have no rear window, get one. :Chers:

I don't know about that trainman. I got the Poly Cab and now all I can hear is Gear Wine. I even took it to the Dealer because it was so loud. They said those noises were normal. The Cab acts as a huge Resonator. This is my 2 cent worth. These things are Work Horse Trail Runners not Luxury Cars. They are going to make noises.

missouri gator
07-31-2011, 05:00 PM
purplewg , I found the plastic strip, I cut a strip off an old towel and put over the plastic and shut the bed on it, no more squeak!! I havent decided what to do yet, I might just give it some time to quit on its own. Thanks for the help!

purplewg
08-01-2011, 08:24 AM
purplewg , I found the plastic strip, I cut a strip off an old towel and put over the plastic and shut the bed on it, no more squeak!! I havent decided what to do yet, I might just give it some time to quit on its own. Thanks for the help!

No problem. I had to study mine a bit before I figured it out. My first thought was a rub between the bed and frame. Hence the pads to stop that but that wasn't it. At this point I had to get serious and find out for sure what it was.:Chers:

airbournein2001
08-07-2011, 07:53 AM
I had the same issue with the squeaking. I found that a simple piece of black duct tape laid over the length of the black plastic shield silenced the squeak immediately. The only complaint I have with the Gator is all the nuisance noises. As soon as I silence one, I think it moves to a different location. now the bed latch squeaks where it hooks over the brass colored bar. This one is a loud inconsistent high pitch squeak. A little white grease on the "catch" cleared it right up. The OPS rattle ever so often. might have to look into some plastic washers to place in between the metal to metal contact points.

Jgentile
08-07-2011, 09:40 AM
I ran a piece of foam along the front underside of bed where it sits on the plastic also put some grease on the rubber pieces on underside of bed. Worked great no more squeaks.