PDA

View Full Version : The list keep growing!

Deputy347k9
08-03-2011, 10:15 PM
I purchased my 825i new on March 18, 2011. Came with the front bumper, front fender guards, power bed, floor mats, upgraded bed with tail light protectors and rear screen. Now, since March 18th I have added the following:
1. Poly roof
2. No scratch windwhield
3. Bed mat
4. Rear bumper/rear fender guards
5. Turn signals/4 way flashers
6. Horn kit
7. Tech manual
8. Today I installed the "Adventure Lights" that I wond off from Ebay
9. John Deere just emailed me this evening, front basket is in so another Christmas tomorrow!

I amaze my self at how I can sneak parts home and of course hide the slips and drop at least one Zero from the what the actual cost was. I found it's much easier to ask for forgiveness then it is permission!

I am having a ball with my machine and she is looking GOOD!:cool:

srb08
08-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Amazing how that works. You order your gator with what you think you need. Within a week, you start to realize that your life won't be complete without whatever accessory you happen to NEED at that moment. These things are worse than Harleys. Lucky for us, our wives are good natured, mostly.

CaptDan
08-03-2011, 11:35 PM
Way worse that my Harley !

missouri gator
08-04-2011, 03:09 PM
High Performance Exhaust, Just as well make a little noise to!!!

purplewg
08-05-2011, 06:55 AM
I have an interesting story about my last Harley purchase but maybe I should stick to the Gator deal here. After I got my Gator I kept adding this and that and soon realized I was doing the same thing to it as I did to the Glide. lol

srb08
08-05-2011, 08:42 AM
I would like to hear the Harley story, maybe post in off topic?
I presently have two, 1997 Road King with a 107ci ultima and a 2003 Heritage Classic.
Can't imagine what would happen if the Gator accessories catalog got as thick as the one from HD, scary thought.

purplewg
08-05-2011, 10:09 AM
I would like to hear the Harley story, maybe post in off topic?
I presently have two, 1997 Road King with a 107ci ultima and a 2003 Heritage Classic.
Can't imagine what would happen if the Gator accessories catalog got as thick as the one from HD, scary thought.

Ok, Off Topic

Deepwoods
08-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Just installed the new JD side mirrors. WOW are then sturdy and look great. Theyr'e larger than on my jeep, but don't stick out more than an inch or so further than the guard rails on each side of the 825i. They're worth the $114 I paid for them and than some.

Deputy347k9
08-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Deepwoods, what it the John Deere part numer of the pair you got? Also, is there any vibration when driving?

Semper fi

Deepwoods
08-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Deepwoods, what it the John Deere part numer of the pair you got? Also, is there any vibration when driving?

Semper fi

It's part #BM23508, and I don't get any vibration, (get this), even when driving on the edge of the highway at 20 to 25 MPH (about all an old fart like me dares do). Love them.

pcbunn
08-06-2011, 09:48 PM
Any know if they make an interior rear view mirror, like the ones in our cars? I'd like to be able to glance rearward once in a while.

Deputy347k9
08-07-2011, 08:54 AM
Deepwoods, thank you for the info and feedback on the mirrors. When I initially saw them I really thought they would stick out like an elephants ears. I do need a set! Pcbunn, I do think John Deere does make an interior mirror that mounts on the front upper bar. Not sure if there is any intrusion from it's placement.

I did receive and install the front box, looks great and took all of 15 minutes to install. I did not find it initially that practical do to be so open. Could carry large items but nothing small. I cut down some plywood, painted it all John Deere Green then drilled small holes so I could wire tie it to the exiting ribs. Just installed this morning and if I must say it came out great and now the basket has many uses.

Deputy347k9
08-07-2011, 08:57 AM
Amazing how that works. You order your gator with what you think you need. Within a week, you start to realize that your life won't be complete without whatever accessory you happen to NEED at that moment. These things are worse than Harleys. Lucky for us, our wives are good natured, mostly.

I really think most of us owners all have the same makeup, have to have the very best and we want it loaded.

Deepwoods
08-07-2011, 09:12 AM
My wife say's, "the Gator has at least taken my mind off buying guns for awhile, of course it's costing an arm and a leg." Boy....... You just can't please these older women.

Deputy347k9
08-07-2011, 09:12 PM
I think I have some sort of compulsive disorder, looking back on anything I do I have to go all out, no half stepping! Every classic car that I have ever restored had to be fully loaded with options available at the time, same with the 825i. I guess I could have other bad habits, at least I have something to show for my money and I have tons of fun do it. We only live once so let's have all the fun we can while we can.

Deputy347k9
08-07-2011, 09:15 PM
I forgot to mention one thing in my previous post. Today the wife went out to use the 825i and of course she noticed the new basket attached with all the John Deere green wood trim I added to make it functional. She said to me, "if you keep adding things to this machine it's going to look like a darn TANK"! I told her I will have the 20MM mounted soon and then we can really play!