PDA

View Full Version : Warn W350F Fog Beam flopped out

purplewg
08-15-2011, 11:11 AM
Took the cover off both lamps the other night to make a run to road to put trash out. Backed up an noticed one light pointing down. I got out to look and one of the lights was hanging by the wires. Now these have not even been used since I put them on. Since it doesn't get dark till 9PM I haven't needed them.

When I looked at the lamp I see one little flat tab on one side and nothing else that could possibly hold the lamp in. This tab certainly can't hold the light in. Is something missing in the housing? Glad it happened now rather in winter when I need them.

I know 825joe has these same lights so I am curious to see if he has had any problems.

greg825i
08-15-2011, 03:07 PM
Have the same lights and so far no problems. I can look and see what holds them on.

purplewg
08-15-2011, 03:27 PM
Thanks greg, I can look at the other side. I just didn't have time at the time. I emailed Warn and they want pictures so I will see if I can get a couple pics of it. I just don't see nothing to hold it in. I'm sure when I get the other side out, all will be clear as mud. lol

purplewg
08-16-2011, 08:48 AM
Ok, it seems I am always getting on here to tell everyone how stoooooopid I am. Last night I took a couple pictures for Warn Support. I then looked at the other light and it basically fell out in my hand. I was about to rip the things off and stomp on them. THEN the light came on. I remembered these lights came with a grill (slotted) cover. I thought, "I wonder if they hold the lights in the base"? I go looking for them as I thought I had not put them on cause I didn't want the interference of the grill. Can't find them. Go to put the solid covers back on and see the grills stuck inside the solid covers. I got them out and put them back on, locking the lamps in place.:Bnghd::WthStpid:

srb08
08-16-2011, 04:24 PM
You aren't alone, we all experience occasional bouts of acute cranial rectosis. Just be thankful it's not chronic. :Wlys:

825joe
08-17-2011, 11:36 AM
lol...yeah the slotted ones hold the lamps in place.

purplewg
08-17-2011, 11:43 AM
Go right ahead and laugh! I deserve it...:cryn: