PDA

View Full Version : Radio with cd player - word to the wise

53brownie53
08-16-2011, 10:14 PM
I had my 3 month old 825i into the dealer for installation of some add-ons - a couple of sets of lights, signals/flashers, but most of all a radio with the overhead kit. I got it home and tried to play a cd and it would not insert all the way into the cd player. The dealer said the unit was bad and they picked it up today.

Moral of the story - test your add-ons before you leave the dealership. I never thought of it b/c it was a new radio unit and the radio worked fine, now I have a few days down time. I don't ride every day but man it just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling just seeing it parked in the garage.

Deputy347k9
08-16-2011, 10:25 PM
I believe the moral of the story is to make sure the "dealership" tech is doing his job! I can't imagine installing these options without testing each and every item, for thier protection as well as customer satisfaciton. I beleive I would be having a word with the manager. Not trying to get anyone person fired from a needed job but to explain to them that you expect much more from them. Sad.

purplewg
08-17-2011, 10:31 AM
:IAgre:

LeonardS
08-17-2011, 12:35 PM
They probably did try the radio, but may not have had a CD readily available to try that out. I wouldn't chew them to badly because they did pick it up for repair. You will probably need their help in the future so I would stay friendly with them and not burn a bridge.

Just my .02 on experience with Service Departments.

Leonard