PDA

View Full Version : New Member from Eastern Iowa

waterpro
09-22-2011, 08:22 PM
I just found this forum! I'm in the process of purchasing a 825i XUV (maybe) I still have some questions, and that's how I found this place.

Thanks for the great site:cool:

srb08
09-22-2011, 09:00 PM
Welcome, glad to have aboard.
Ask away.

Deputy347k9
09-22-2011, 09:03 PM
Waterpro, welcome to the Gator Forum. I am quite sure you are like many of us, "should I", "God that's a ton of money", can I justify the cost vs the usage", "what is the wife going to say". You just ask away my friend and you will see many owners chime in.

As for my self, I have a farm here in Maine (on the market) and I honestly could not live with my 825i. I use it as much as I do my tractors. Besides it also gets a lot of use just having fun riding the trails, metal detecting, fishing and given the dog (CZAR) a ride every day, he thinks it's his.

Good luck and agian welcome.

Larry

waterpro
09-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the welcome!
Here is my concerns, I have (2) fairly new polaris 500 sportsman 4 wheelers, I like the XUV but why should I buy it over a polaris? I like speeed and power and I'm not sure the XUV is there yet. Also it never fails when I make a purchase this close to a model year end I always regret not getting the newer model. My JD dealer is really not saying much about the 2012, should I wait or is there really no changes only a price increase.

Thanks
Sean

WOEII
09-23-2011, 04:19 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/34g4ljl.gif

WOEII
09-23-2011, 04:30 PM
Besides it also gets a lot of use just having fun riding the trails, metal detecting, fishing and given the dog (CZAR) a ride every day, he thinks it's his.

Good luck and agian welcome.

Larry
Ur just the limo driver! :lol: :BG:

srb08
09-23-2011, 08:43 PM
I have atv's as well. Two 500 sportsman 4x4 and a 500 6x6. I bought the gator for comfort, convenience and safety. It's nice in the morning to be able to take a cup of coffee with me. In the evening, the same can be said for an adult beverage. Carrying a passenger is better as well, no one has to ride bitch. Large bed means you can carry lots of stuff. When I got my 6x6, I thought it was all I would ever need, the gator proved me wrong. The full OPS on the gator speaks for itself.
I think the thing about the gator that makes me a safer driver is knowing what I paid for the thing and what I would cost to fix if I rolled it. Then there's the Cool factor.
Not much out yet on the 2012 825i's. Rumors of power steering but not much else.
Good luck, however you decide to go

Landscaper
09-24-2011, 12:13 AM
I have atv's as well. Two 500 sportsman 4x4 and a 500 6x6. I bought the gator for comfort, convenience and safety. It's nice in the morning to be able to take a cup of coffee with me. In the evening, the same can be said for an adult beverage. Carrying a passenger is better as well, no one has to ride bitch. Large bed means you can carry lots of stuff. When I got my 6x6, I thought it was all I would ever need, the gator proved me wrong. The full OPS on the gator speaks for itself.
I think the thing about the gator that makes me a safer driver is knowing what I paid for the thing and what I would cost to fix if I rolled it. Then there's the Cool factor.
Not much out yet on the 2012 825i's. Rumors of power steering but not much else.
Good luck, however you decide to go

Well said but on the drinks....kinda need a windshield(i think) for driveing