PDA

View Full Version : 825 jumping out of gear

gasboy
09-24-2011, 07:33 AM
My 825i jumps out of forward about once for every 25 times you go from neutral to forward. It started the first day with 3 miles on it. Cant see anything is off on the adjustments. Gearshift lever is always in the forward slot completely. You put in forward, start to accellerate and it jumps out, but gearshift dont move. It almost seems to be a broken tooth or something internal.

825joe
09-24-2011, 09:27 AM
somthing is off with the linkage to the trans, its not letting it fully engage. I would let the dealer look at it bud.

jd35154
10-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Nothing is wrong. Had the same thing happen to mine. I guess over time with wearing in the linkage gets some play in it. You are shoving it too far into H range. Just put it in till it clicks. Took me a while to get used to it, but now no troubles.

gasboy
10-17-2011, 07:36 PM
Thanks! Dealer cant find anything after 3 trips back to shop. when i put it in high (first solid click) the gear selector is only about halfway down in the slot and i have been pushing it farther down to the stop. I will try to leave it where it first clicks. Dont like that remedy, but until something breaks i will have to get by.