PDA

View Full Version : 825i won't start after running out of gas

DPatter888
10-02-2011, 10:08 AM
dad called me and said they ran the gator out of gas. he put more gas in it and now it won't start. he says he does not hear the fuel pump coming on and it just cranks. all lights and everything works fine. anyone have any ideas? the gator has 150 miles on it. it's pretty new.

Thansk,
Dave

missouri gator
10-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Turn your key on but not to the start position and wait a few seconds do this a couple of times and that should prime the system and it should start. If it doesnt the fuel pump may not be running, it might not of ran out of gas on your dad might have another problem.

Earp
10-02-2011, 04:10 PM
Several times mine would not start and when I turned on the key I could not heat the fuel pump running. A couple of times the engine quit running and when I turned on the key I could not hear the fuel pump running. I wiggled the wiring harness next the battery and the fuel pump started running again. When I got home with it this weekend, I took the plastic cover off and looked at it and like most electrical shorts, I could not make it happen again. Both wires going to the fuel pump looked OK with no visible damage. I'll continue to monitor it and see if it gets worse.
So, try wiggling the wiring harness next to the battery.

DPatter888
10-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the replys. Just as I was giving up, I read the part in the manual about changing the fuel filter. Seems as if there is a plug near the battery you unplug and start the gator, just before you change the filter. I did this, and plugged it back in...and it worked fine. Go figure. :)

...Then I dumped the bed of wood on it and broke the gas shock on the dump bed. Ugh.

srb08
10-02-2011, 11:42 PM
:
Several times mine would not start and when I turned on the key I could not heat the fuel pump running. A couple of times the engine quit running and when I turned on the key I could not hear the fuel pump running. I wiggled the wiring harness next the battery and the fuel pump started running again. When I got home with it this weekend, I took the plastic cover off and looked at it and like most electrical shorts, I could not make it happen again. Both wires going to the fuel pump looked OK with no visible damage. I'll continue to monitor it and see if it gets worse.
So, try wiggling the wiring harness next to the battery.

Good call :Thmup: