PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy the 825i need advice

trussman
10-13-2011, 10:32 PM
Looking to buy my first gator and I would like to gather some thoughts.

1. Planning on using the gator for fun, snow, and spraying. Not sure if going with the diesiel or gas model and was looking for opinions.

2. I have settled on the Boss V blade but do I need to get different shocks to help handle the weight.

3. Seating question: I am a bigger guy and I find that the steering wheel is kinda close and does not have as much room as I would like. I set in the JD regular bucket and bench seat and both feel comfortable and the bench seat seem to give me a bit more room. I noticed a number of you buy the sports seat and I was wondering if it is built for a bigger guy and sits back a little farther.

4. Lighting: Will be pushing snow at night and was going to add the JD lights above the deluxe cab. Are there better ones to go with? Is the wiring already in place or does it need to be ran if I install myself?

5. Towing: The literature says around 1500 pounds towing is what JD reccommends. Might be a dumb question but is that the weight that is being applied at the drawbar, or the pulling capacity? I want to pull wagon gears around that have bunks of lumber on them, I would think this is not a problem, but thought I would ask.

trussman
10-15-2011, 12:48 AM
Hmmm nobody has any thoughts on any of these questions.

Did I post this in the worng place?

Tim