PDA

View Full Version : New gator owner in Indiana

trussman
10-23-2011, 07:51 PM
Hello everyone, been lurking for awhile and it looks like there is a great bunch of guys here, plus a great deal of information.

Last week I ordered my first gator and should arrive the first week of November. We are looking to have it for fun and snow removal. I ordered it with a cab as I am tired of freezing when pushing snow.

I look forward posting pics once I get the gator in my possesion....Excited YOU BET!

missouri gator
10-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Welcome, The waiting is the hardest part!!

trussman
10-23-2011, 08:07 PM
Hasn't been a week and seems like .....well it's been longer than a week....lol

Deputy347k9
10-23-2011, 08:36 PM
Which machine and extras did your oder? We are a bunch of nosey guys here! Can't wait to see the pictures.

Larry

trussman
10-23-2011, 08:56 PM
I was going to buy the 855D but finally settled on the 825i, I like the speed. Here is a list of extras, some of them I have to install.

Long range lights
Deluxe tail light
JD heater
Deluxe cab
WInshield fluid
Deluxe Cargo box
Quiet cab option
Protection bars front and rear
Maxi tires
Winch bracket.

I also bought the Boss V-plow which I have to install. I will install a radio, Cab lights, and winch later. I am trying to figure out which lights would be best for plowing at night on the deluxe cab (front and rear) any suggestions would be appreciated.

WOEII
10-31-2011, 08:14 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/34g4ljl.gif

Deputy347k9
11-01-2011, 08:15 AM
Great list of options. I know what you mean by removing snow when it's cold. A few years back I purchased a new John Deere tractor and bucket. I also added a front mount snowblower so I would not have to plow and tear up the lawns. Having 7,200 sf of pavements is a good amount of work. After only one or two storms I was ready to trade the new tractor for any old plow truck as I froze my butt off! Looked like a fool out there with 3 layers of clothing, full shield helmet and gloves. I quickly went back to John Deere and spent the extra money on a new cab that had wipers, 20K btu heater/defroster/radio/cup holder/interior lights/take down lights and so on. Removing snow is now FUN! I don't even wear a jacket because it's so warm inside the cab! You will enjoy the heated cab and wipers that are a must for removing snow.

purplewg
11-01-2011, 09:12 AM
Welcome and I don't think you can go wrong with the 855D or the 825i.