PDA

View Full Version : John Deere Ops Organizer

Deputy347k9
11-08-2011, 07:13 AM
I currently have the rear ops screen installed on my 825i and do not want to removed for safety reasons. My quesiton is, does anyone have the same screen (#4001) and have installed the "OPS Organizer"? The organizer that I am looking at sells on Ebay by a John Deere dealer out of Illinois for about $109.00 plust $10.75 shipping. Organizer attaches to the OPS system, has large zippered camo pockets for storage as well as a PVC rear window tha tshields you from back draft, rain and dust.

If anyone has this set up please give me some feedback on what you really think of it. Is it easy to clean, is it handy, is it worth the $120.00 bucks?

Thanks guys I appreciate and do respect your feedback.

Larry

mgjfam
11-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Hi....If you are talking about the John Deere branded organizer, yes it will fit. I'm in Illinois and I wanted it mainly to keep the cold draft from the rear during the winter months. It fits right in front (inside) of the JD OPS screen so the clear vinyl part will cover the "head rests". I've got the no-scratch windshield in front....So with this, I'm covered front and rear....all I need is canvas doors if I want to fully enclose. It works nicely. Good luck.

Deputy347k9
11-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Mgifam, thanks for the feedback as I beleive I will purchase me one as a Christmas present! I think I want a few more presents also?

CaptDan
11-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Hi....If you are talking about the John Deere branded organizer, yes it will fit. I'm in Illinois and I wanted it mainly to keep the cold draft from the rear during the winter months. It fits right in front (inside) of the JD OPS screen so the clear vinyl part will cover the "head rests". I've got the no-scratch windshield in front....So with this, I'm covered front and rear....all I need is canvas doors if I want to fully enclose. It works nicely. Good luck.

I have the camo one, it's new and a very very very tight fit, actually can't use all of the attachment positions, I am hoping that it will stretch a little and fit better, I have also noticed that the camp soft top & organizer do not match the camo of the Gator.

Deputy347k9
11-09-2011, 07:13 AM
CaptDan, great imfo, thank you.

Gator Hunter
01-06-2012, 02:35 PM
mgjfam - You answered the same concerns I have about whether or not the clear window will fit with the headrests. I'm guessing the velco straps are just a tad shoter to use because of the extra play needed to go over the headrests.

CaptDan - I was just about to order and you confirmed my second question on color... in the catalog it sure looks like the camo pattern is different than the JD camo pattern on the Gator. I'm going with black in that case!

Gator Hunter
01-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Deputy347k9,

Did you end up purshasing that rear organizer? Are you happy with it? How did it fit over the OPS headrests? Any pics?

Deputy347k9
01-14-2012, 07:43 AM
Gator Hunter, last evening it was snowing, nothing much to do so off to the heated garage and installed the camo rear organizer. Like CaptDan previously stated, it's tight and without some modifications you can't use all the attachment straps. The organizer was made for the earlier 620. The factory mounting clamps for the polyroof and rear screen are in the same position as the organizer attachment straps. I made an extention and lowered the two lower rear screen clamps and was able to use all the straps. Took me about an hour or so, I am happy with it and can see many benifical uses.

plateauman57
01-14-2012, 09:49 AM
Mgifam, are you saying the organizer "interferes" with the head rests or just that a certain part of it covers them? Was wanting to get an organizer myself but wasn't sure how it would work.

CaptDan
01-15-2012, 04:26 AM
Soft camo parts don't exactly match camo gator color. I've attached some photos, the soft top is more brownish and the actual Gator camo is more greenish, in my opinion.

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j336/CaptDan/IMAG0501.jpg
http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j336/CaptDan/IMAG0500.jpg
http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j336/CaptDan/IMAG0499.jpg
http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j336/CaptDan/IMAG0498.jpg

Deputy347k9
01-15-2012, 06:13 AM
I think he is talking about the two "head pads" that are actually attached to the rear ops screen. As I stated earlier the organizer will fit but it is tight, no wrinkles in this baby.

Larry